commercetools CMS takes e-commerce to the next level
Commercetools is a headless e-commerce platform which provides the building blocks for the new digital commerce age. It allows brands to build and enrich their online shopping experience. With microservices and APIs, commercetools provides the speed and flexibility that today’s digital world demands. As a commercetools partner, Dept is equipped to help companies implement and use this software.
Headless commerce platform
Commercetools can be seen as a pioneer in the field of microservices. These include all e-commerce functionalities, such as PIM, cart and order management, marketing and promotions, payments and internationalisation. A flexible and fast API connects these services to all relevant frontends and applications such as webshops, mobile apps, voice, AR/VR applications and social networks. The following four themes are central to the choice of commercial tools:
- Microservices: Functionality is developed in a modular way in which each function can be used and developed separately.
- API first principle: More than 300 APIs unlock all kinds of functionalities one could desire.
- Cloud-Native: Commercetools runs entirely in the cloud, guaranteeing IT performance, scalability and security.
- Headless: The focus of commercetools is on creating the functional commerce building blocks for your webshop.
Dept partners with Bloomreach, Contentful and Magnolia and offers standard integration for commercetools. Thanks to the ‘API First’ principle, commercetools can work efficiently with any front-end solution. As commercetools expert, Dept also has experience with integrating other solutions such as Adobe and Drupal.
Dept has supported a wide range of companies with the implementation and usage of commercetools. The following practical examples show how commercetools can take your e-commerce to the next level:
- Eurail.com was looking for a future-proof solution which made it possible to build personal experiences with rich content, implement new functionalities quickly and swiftly respond to changes in the market. We used both commercetools and Adobe Experience Manager to make this a reality. You can read more about the case here.
- Goudsmit Magnetics is an international manufacturer of magnetic systems. Digital transformation is very important here for the long term and Goudsmit defined a new digital strategy together with Dept. Based on commercial tools and Magnolia CMS, Dept then created for the company a new online platform.
- Holland & Barrett – At the end of 2018, Holland & Barrett chose Dept as their e-commerce partner. Their new global platform was built using commercetools in combination with Magnolia CMS. You can read more about the case here.
The Dept way
At Dept, we combine creativity and data with technological solutions such as commercetools to help organisations grow and accelerate. Below are five reasons why Dept is the ideal partner to get the most out of commercetools:
- Official commercetools partner: Our developers are certified on commercetools technology and optimally equipped to build next-generation e-commerce platforms.
- We’re experienced and successful: We have worked successfully with a wide range of technology leaders for many years. With our experience in many areas, we help a wide range of customers to embrace digital.
- Full approach: As a fully integrated digital agency, we support SEO, creative campaigns, e-commerce, strategy and organisation, branding, data intelligence and more to help your organisation grow and develop.
- Widely deployable: Our teams have broad experience with both the technical aspects of a commerce system as well as setting up the organisational processes to use commercetools successfully. In addition to projects, we can also temporarily strengthen an existing team with our specialists.
- In-house experts: Our years of expertise in designing experience, expandable architecture and integration of technology is not just for ourselves. We share our knowledge as a commercetools-expert in in-depth blogs in which we tackle practical challenges, such as choosing between Salesforce and commercetools.