Snowflake is the data warehouse built for the cloud. Conventional data warehouses and big data solutions often don’t live up to their expectations of making it easy to collect and analyse insights. So the company built a new SQL data warehouse solely for the cloud.
Snowflake is a fully relational SQL data warehouse with a columnar database engine that uses advanced optimisations, including automatic clustering, which removes the headache of manually re-clustering data when loading new data into a table.
- Zero-Management – Snowflake is a data warehouse-as-a-service which gets rid of the administration and management demands of traditional data warehouses and big data platforms.
- Cloud Storage Agnostic – It runs on Amazon S3 (since 2014), Microsoft Azure (since 2018) and Google Cloud (since 2019).
- Broad Ecosystem – Seamless integration with several popular ETL and BI tools such as Fivetran and Looker.
- Modern Patented Architecture – Separates storage, compute and services layers allowing efficient scalability, elasticity, and performance capacity making it possible to scale up and down on-the-fly without downtime or disruption.
- Usage-Based Pricing – With Snowflake you only pay for the amount of data you store and the amount of compute processing you use.
DEPT & SNOWFLAKE
Dept is a certified Snowflake implementation partner. Our experienced consultants will help your organisation build a data warehouse from scratch or migrate your existing one. Enabling your team to be truly data-driven without disturbing your current data flow.