First impressions are important, second impressions are everything. So it’s time for some action. Let’s stop talking and get some serious coding done. After all, that’s what makes the world go round!
With the following assignment, you can show us what you got. The case tests your competences regarding development and gives us an idea on how well you come up with solutions.
Create a website or a web API on which you can search for movie trailers.
- Use an API of an online movie database (e.g. IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes);
- Use an API of an online video service (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo);
- Create your own WebAPI as middleware to retrieve the results of both services and aggregate them;
- Cache the aggregated data for performance;
- Make the search as smart as you can;
- Optionally create a web page that uses your own web API to search and show movies with trailers.
- Use the development language of the vacancy you are applying for.
- Follow industry standards when building your own API
- Showing a lot of embedded videos on your web page increases page load time significantly
- Add the option to share trailers on social networks;
- Make sure your website is secure and super fast;
- Create a contact form to request a trailer for a movie;
- Surprise us! Build something we haven’t thought of or what you think is a valuable addition;
Try to remember and briefly document the decisions you made and why you made them. We can’t wait to pick your brain.