Are you growing brand favorability? Measure with Facebook’s brand lift study
Paid media has a ton of strengths, but measuring user/customer sentiment hasn’t historically been one of them. That said, running a series of focus groups to review your brand, product, or service isn’t always the quickest way to receive feedback.
That’s where a Facebook Brand Lift Study comes into play. A Brand Lift Study allows companies or advertisers to launch a campaign that specifically measures sentiment. In this post, we’ll explain how it works and how to get started.
How it works
- Your audience is split into two groups: a control and a test group.
- The test group will be exposed to your ad, while the control group will not; the test runs for a minimum of 14 days and costs $30,000.
- Over the course of the campaign, actions like completing a poll/survey or making a conversion will be recorded.
- At the end of the test, you’ll be able to review both groups to calculate brand lift with your product/service. All actions will be presented in the final report.
- Brand Lift Study Eligibility can be determined with your Facebook account rep. If you don’t have one of those, click here.
- Ads should communicate the value of your product/service. For video assets, make sure to put your brand up front, and make sure the message you want to convey works with the sound off.
- Define objectives and goals for your BLS campaign.
- Do not run other campaigns while running the brand test, as you can expose the control group to other ads and compromise the integrity of your results.
- When setting up, make sure your audiences don’t overlap.
- Don’t forget the holidays!
- While every brand wants to be prominent during a high-traffic season, running a test during a holiday could potentially impact results.
- Here are some cheap auction cost dates to consider:
- Post-Cyber Week (Dec. 3rd – Dec. 15th)
- Last Ship Date (Dec. 15th – Dec. 20th)
- Post Christmas (Dec. 26th – Jan. 1st)
- Go into Ads Manager > Shortcuts > Test and Learn
- Review test details and launch!
- Congratulations! You’ve completed your first Brand Lift test on Facebook. The test results will provide you with information like:
- Estimated incremental number of people who remembered seeing your ad
- Cost per estimated incremental person who remembered seeing your ad, based on your budget
- Percentage point lift, which is the difference in the percent of people who recall seeing your ad in the exposed group versus those in the control group
- If you would like to learn about more ways to review your results, check out this helpful guide.
- Review other advertisers’ case studies.
Learn more about our paid social offering
More Insights?View All Insights
Personalize your experience