DEPT® sets record as Network and Agency of the Year at the 2023 Webby Awards
For the second year running, DEPT® is celebrating being named Network of the Year at The Webby Awards, with BASIC/DEPT® also winning Agency of the Year.
The Webby Awards is the internet’s most respected symbol of success, attracting over 14,000 entries from 70 countries worldwide every year. It’s been a stellar year of wins for DEPT®, with 6 Webby Awards, 27 People’s Voice Awards, 32 nominations and 20 honourees, for our work with brands including Patagonia, Google, Cowboy, H&M, and KFC.
DEPT®’s work for HYPEWEAR by ABOUT YOU, the first online shop for digital NFT fashion, won both the Webby Award and People’s Voice award for App Features: Best Use of Web3 Technology.
BASIC/DEPT® won both the Webby Award and People’s Voice awards for Google Store in the Websites and Mobile Sites, Best Mobile User Experience category, Google ChromeOS in Websites and Mobile Sites, Best Mobile Visual Design – Function, Patagonia in Websites and Mobile Sites, Best Practices, and The Patagonia Footprint Chronicles site in Websites and Mobile Sites: Corporate Social Responsibility.
The immersive website experience for Virgin Galactic by HELLO MONDAY/DEPT® that communicates the excitement of space travel, won both the Webby Award and People’s Voice awards in General Websites and Mobile Sites – Travel & Lifestyle.
We’re super thankful to our awesome clients and our talented teams whose pioneering work sets the standard in technology and marketing,” said Dimi Albers, CEO of DEPT®. “To be named global network of the year for the second year running and for our BASIC/DEPT® team to win agency of the year is an awesome achievement; we’re humbled and grateful to everyone who voted for us. In our five word speech last year we said ‘we’re just getting started,’ I guess these wins show that we really meant that. :)”
People’s Voice Winners
The public voting declared these following projects by DEPT®, BASIC/DEPT®, HELLO MONDAY/DEPT®, DOGSTUDIO/DEPT® and STUDIO DUMBAR/DEPT® the winners of the People’s Voice awards:
- The unique Web3 experience we created for fashion brand H&Mbeyond, which turned their showroom into an immersive, virtual experience, won for Metaverse, Immersive & Virtual – General Virtual Experiences: Arts, Fashion, Retail & Culture.
- BASIC/DEPT®’s website created for Cowboy, the connected electric bike, won four awards for Best Visual Design: Function, Best User Interface, Best Mobile Visual Design: Aesthetic, and Best Mobile User Interface.
- The website for the first NFT project by artist Jeff Koons won Websites and Mobile Sites – Features & Design: Best Homepage.
- The project for Google ChromeOS won General Websites and Mobile Sites: Web Services & Applications, and the work for Google Store won Best User Experience: Websites and Mobile Sites
- Crafted, the community initiative led by BASIC/DEPT® that brings together local creators and tastemakers, won General Websites and Mobile Sites: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- JAMS – BASIC/DEPT®’s social experiment that connects people with curated playlists won Websites and Mobile Sites – Features & Design: Technical Achievement.
- The Patagonia Footprints Chronicles site won General Websites and Mobile Sites: Sustainability & Environment.
- The app for KFC won General Apps: Food & Drink.
- Webex won Websites and Mobile Sites: Best Navigation/Structure.
- For HELLO MONDAY/DEPT®, Fingerspelling with Machine Learning won three awards in the Games category for Family, Kids & Education, and Social Impact, and in the Responsible Technology category for Accessible Technology.
- The site built to build anticipation for Digital Insight Games’ launch of Cloud Castles won two awards for Websites and Mobile Sites – Features & Design: Technical Achievement, and General Metaverse Experiences: Games.
- Demo Festival – the world’s largest festival of motion design – organized by STUDIO DUMBAR/DEPT® won General Websites and Mobile Sites: Events.
- DEPT®’s very own Meta Festival – the first 24hr event in the Metaverse – won Metaverse & Immersive Features: Best Community Engagement, and Metaverse, Immersive & Virtual – Virtual Video Features: Best Festival or Conference.
In addition to the award wins, 20 projects for the following clients were shortlisted or awarded as Honourees: Inter Milan; Lululemon Studio; Design Within Reach; Google Store; Jeff Koons; KFC; VIZIO; eBay; Adobe; HAPE; Meebits; Panasonic; Sprite; DIG: Cloud Castles.
Congratulations to our talented teams, and a huge thank you to our awesome clients who entrust us to pioneer their marketing and technology.
Global Head of Marketing
Personalize your experience