Building your content reuse strategy with a CMS Modular Framework
Content reusability. It’s a core topic for global enterprise marketers when analysing effective content management. Even if your enterprise isn’t quite ready to implement a content reuse strategy immediately, you can benefit from exploring the meaning of reusable content. Content reuse is an approach to use existing components of content in multiple ways. These components are intelligently structured, well-defined elements that can be easily retrieved – via a manual or automated process – for reuse and repurposing.
These are key elements of a content reuse strategy:
- Where to reuse the content
- The forms of reuse
- Which content modules are fixed and which are editable
- The composition / design of the content modules
- The reuse governance strategy (and who makes the call on this decision)
Content reuse can be manual or automated. In manual reuse, content authors find a component, retrieve it, and reuse it. In automated reuse, the system reuses content based on content models, metadata, and applied rules. The latter approach is a ‘create once, publish everywhere’ process.
Content reuse for enterprise marketers
To get maximum efficiency from your content reuse strategy and to avoid the time-consuming task of making adjustments for each channel or format – enterprise marketers have to think beyond the campaign at hand. They need to see the bigger picture of the content requirements and functions and get buy-in from the whole business. There’s a huge education piece to ensure all content editors are on the same page and following the process correctly.
The benefit of content reuse
Reduced Costs of Development, Review, and Maintenance.
When content is reused, authors and reviewers don’t have to ‘reinvent the wheel’. No endless cycles of rework. Content teams can focus on developing new content. Existing content can be updated automatically everywhere it needs to appear.
Reduced Translation and Proofing Costs.
These costs are reduced by the percentage of content reuse. According to the Content Marketing Institute, “post-translation formatting is typically reduced by 30 to 50%. If four or more languages are translated, often all costs can be recouped in less than 18-months (including the cost of purchasing a CMS).”
Increased Consistency and Quality.
Automatically reusable content remains the same every time it’s published, eliminating room for human error when content is copied and pasted or manually updated.
Modular framework CMS to support content reuse
DEPT® has adopted a component-based Modular Framework CMS methodology when finding content reuse solutions for clients.
The Modular Framework CMS model not only strengthens content processes but the technology itself supports content creators to achieve business goals.
- Roll out new digital experiences
- Reduce lost opportunities for revenue
- Enter new markets faster
- Streamline online experiences
- Reduce downtime
- Fewer variables for testing
- Save editing and publishing time
- Deliver simultaneously across channels
- Support more launches/sites with the same team
- Spend less time on IT support and Development
- Update less often
- Deliver campaigns faster
- Reuse content
- Repurpose campaigns
How modular framework CMS can support your content reuse strategy?
We’ve seen marketing teams become more self-sufficient reducing total cost of ownership. They’re able to integrate with other systems to drive personalised experiences that improve conversion rate and overall project success rate is backed up with clear results and marketing-driven ROI.
80% of campaign templates are now standardised, leaving 20% open to bespoke flourishes. So often it’s the day to day challenges that block acceleration. Great ideas are often shelved because of the technical challenges involved delivering them.
Making the most of a Modular Framework frees creative teams to, well, create. By effectively standardising the DEPT® of your online platforms, creativity is unleashed, helping marketing teams to focus on turning ideas into reality.
Why campaign CMS is the missing part of your marketing technology stack?
If you’re interested in discovering the benefits of content reuse in your marketing strategy, our upcoming whitepaper ‘Why Campaign CMS is the Missing Part of your Marketing Technology Stack”, we inform and inspire enterprise marketers to effectively use website content management technologies to deliver sites faster, with less IT overheads, reduced costs, and actionable insights to allow go-to-market acceleration.
More?View all insights
Global SVP Technology & Engineering
Stay in touch!
Personalize your experience