Team Lead Data Science
For our offices in Amsterdam and Rotterdam (both possible), we are looking for a Team Lead Data Science who makes sure we have a happy team, happy clients and happy numbers. Also in that order. Because if we deliver high quality work, by motivated team members, good results will follow.
At Dept, we’re proud to say we are pretty active in the field of Data Science. Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data in the Cloud, you name it we have it. And it’s not just talking, our team is creating one use case after the other for our clients. Given the growth of the team, and the potential in this discipline, the team needs a dedicated Team Lead who can support the teams needs and push our proposition forward both internally and at our clients.
- People: You are responsible for the personal development of the people in your team. They have goals and ambitions, you help them achieve those. But you also challenge them on what they want to achieve, and how they do so. In quality, process and communication, but also in their work/life balance and personal development in a broader sense.
- Structure: At Dept, you might say we are a bunch of cowboys doing things, especially when doing new things, like Data Science. As a Team Lead, you guard or create the structure we need, and help create (or bend) the processes in order to achieve your team goals and above all our client needs.
- Commerce: Data Science contains a lot of value, but it also requires an investment. While the team members are really skilled in their work, you also actively pursue the commercial potential of the discipline. By thinking with and for clients on how to create or answer questions on how Data Science can help solve their problems. You know how to translate a technical solution to what value it brings for a client.
- Strategy: Typically, a Team Lead at Dept also runs his/her own projects from the discipline you lead. For this role, we expect you to have a more strategic Data role in projects. You also at least understand the concepts of Data Science, to such a level so you can understand your team members concepts and applications. we don’t expect you to have Senior level Data Science hard skills.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds who work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
- Have 3-5 years experience in a data related role;
- Have affinity with Data Science and you're interested to learn more about how it works in detail;
- Might not have the hands on in-depth expertise, but you do know how to translate a clients challenges to Data Science possibilities;
- Are experienced in coaching people (in either a Buddy or former Team Lead role);
- Have a fixer mentality. You want to help form and build out this proposition;
- Have a commercial spirit, what you lack in technical knowledge, you make up for in commercial skills
- Digital agency experience is a big plus;
- Are open to work at least 2 days a week in the Rotterdam office, where most of the team is.
- An open culture;
- Develop yourself at one of the fastest growing digital agencies in Europe, from our beautiful offices in Amsterdam and/or Rotterdam;
- An exciting job with enough possibilities for personal development;
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- Healthy and tasty food;
- Bootcamp trainings;
- Friday drinks/open bar;
- Legendary team outings;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses and all that stuff.
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international digital agency of over a 1,000 experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.