Designer (PCCA) – Toronto
Roles open in: Toronto
Designer (PCCA) – Toronto
WHO ARE WE?
The bigger picture: DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, TikTok, eBay, ASOS, Zoopla, Twitch, Patagonia and many, many more.
Our team of 4,000+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on five continents deliver pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. We live and breathe our ‘big enough to cope, small enough to care’ ethos, providing an inclusive, supportive and an exciting place to accelerate your career.
This role is part of our Personalised Creative team. We create emotive yet conversion-focused ideas, products and campaigns at scale and speed. Our specialty is hyper-personalised, digital communications that change perceptions, shape new behaviours, and shift market share for our clients including eBay, Ancestry, Walmart, and more!
As a Designer, you will be creating engaging designs that start conversations between people and brands. You’ll work within a team of creatives and copywriters to deliver impactful designs that fulfil client briefs and communicate the DEPT® standard of Design
- Working on a brief from start to finish.
- Image sourcing and art working.
- Designing responsive emails and landing pages.
- Maintaining existing and designing new onsite marketing templates.
- Developing rich visual content for weekly newsletters.
- Applying creativity to adhoc projects.
- Always striving to create work that contributes to client business goals.
- Taking accountability for flawless design output.
- Contributing innovative ideas at creative review meetings.
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years digital design experience
- Good eye for layout, skilled in typesetting and retouching
- A great teammate that supports their colleagues and doesn’t act as an individual.
- Very organised with attention to detail.
- Works with grit and determination in the face of demanding deadlines.
- Has a desire to embrace new skills and challenges.
- 15 days paid holiday exclusive of bank holidays
- Full dental and healthcare cover
- Mental health support
- A flexible, hybrid working policy
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- Buddy Program: You will be paired with a ‘Buddy’ to help you through your first weeks’ at DEPT®
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Global Annual DEPT® Cares Day which cadets can donate their skills to support local charities
- Other soft benefits including, refreshments provided in the office and a social calendar with weekly and monthly events on a team or agency level
DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified.
DEPT® is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
At DEPT®, we take pride in creating an inclusive workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We actively seek to recruit, develop, nurture, and retain talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with varying skills and perspectives.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Apply, and let us decide! Research shows that women and members of underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs when they think they may not meet every requirement, when in fact they do. We believe in giving everyone a fair chance to shine.
We also encourage you to reach out to us and discuss any reasonable adjustments we can make to support you throughout the recruitment process and your time with us.
Want to know more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion? Check out our efforts here.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture