We’re hiring a Technical Lead for our Boston office to help provide expertise and services to our clients and support our internal delivery teams globally. Our consultants deliver proof-of-concept projects, lead workshops, understand clients problems and direct implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, back-office integration, security, and commerce.
WHAT WE NEED:
- Technical Expertise: you have been “the expert” on a team, responsible for the entire lifecycle of enterprise technology projects, from the underlying architecture to overseeing development all the way to production.
- Cross-functional Communication: you are the interface between the development team and the business, providing an engineering perspective on our roadmap goals. You’re an active partner to the Product Team, helping them understand and balance scope and priorities. You help your team understand the roadmap goals and champion them.
- Technical Leadership: you promote technical best practices by example through your own work as well as mentoring and code reviews. You help your team find ways to achieve challenging goals without cutting corners. You are not afraid to tackle technical debt and find the right opportunities to do it while communicating the benefits to the rest of the company.
- Motivation: you empower your team to achieve by encouraging curiosity and fostering ownership.
- Agility: you understand the distinction between true agility and just blindly following agile processes; you value the latter but value the former even more.
- You are passionate: you know what it takes to build and grow distributed software systems. You hit the ground running.
- Comfortable with doing frequent internal pull request reviews.
- Deep understanding of either C# .NET and/or Java (Java 8 a plus)
- Dependency Injection best practices, SOLID principles, and design patterns.
- Optimizing applications, both stand-alone and in distributed systems to maximize performance
- Demonstrated experience of HTTP and web application development.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- Experience with range of TLA technology vendors and integrations:
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Beer Friday – free beer every Friday at 4pm;
- Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and Dept picks up the tab;
- Quarterly social budget;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!;
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, more than a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious what our workplace looks like? Watch the video here.