New Business Development Manager
New Business Development Manager
We are Dept, a leading international digital agency. From our nearly 20 offices across Europe and the US, 1,300+ of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier.
We are an ambitious organization currently undergoing a period of rapid expansion in the US. From our Boston office we have an exciting new opportunity for someone that is passionate about helping to drive this growth. We are looking for a New Business Development Manager who will drive the B2B customer acquisition and help further establish Dept in the US.
As New Business Development Manager, reporting to and working closely with the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the entire new customer sales process for Dept Design & Technology clients in the US. The sales and business development function has historically been covered by our UK office so you will be the first local team member in Boston to take on this role. You will be responsible for successfully building a new business pipeline for the US business working closely with the local Managing Director. You will also be responsible for owning and nurturing key technology partner relationships working closely with the Sales & Marketing Team and again in concert with the local Managing Director.
You will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and nurturing opportunities while building strong and trusted relationships with prospect clients, against agreed business targets. You will lead our potential customers confidently to the closing of the contract, with the necessary support of the wider team, and will personally support your customers in the sales process to the point of them being successfully imbedded in the business as new and active clients.
To be successful in this role, it is imperative that you have a commercially focused mindset. You will constantly observe the market, help support the development of Dept Design & Technology’s products and services in the US and will have an excellent feeling for the needs of our potential clients.
As the first point of contact for new business leads and opportunities we are eager to hire a talented and passionate expert in their field however we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is ambitious, inspires, happily takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone with and entrepreneurial flair and who will demonstrate the passion and commitment to help take us to the next level.
- You are ambitious, energetic and driven to successfully deliver results and are excited about and looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to further prove yourself
- You have a bachelor’s degree with a focus on marketing, eCommerce or international management
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience in B2B sales / business development in a fast-growing company and dynamic environment such as a digital agency or consultancy
- You know the agency and/or software business and can identify the right contacts in a company, can quickly impress them with our solutions through your experience and quickly establish very strong customer loyalty
- You have already worked with major brands and manufacturers
- You have a solid understanding of and experience with one of more of these topics; web development, content management and e-commerce and are interested in delving deeply into these and broader digital marketing topics
- You have strong analytical skills and act in a process-oriented and entrepreneurial manner
- You can work effectively and autonomously within the framework of a global business
- You work in a structured, binding and precise manner, deliver results quickly and always meet your high demands in terms of work quality
- You communicate even complex issues in an excellent manner, tailored to the target group and have a winning and obliging appearance
- You are willing to travel 2 to 3 days a week if business requires it
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
- Yearly bonus scheme, training budget, 401k scheme, health and dental care;
- An excellent salary based on experience.
Be Part of Dept:
We are Dept, a leading international digital agency. From our nearly 20 offices across Europe and the USA, 1300+ of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious about who we are? Watch the video Watch the video here