The case Backend Developers
First impressions are important, second impressions are everything. So it’s time for some action. Let’s stop talking and get some serious coding done. After all, that’s how we help the world go round!
With the following assignment, you can show us what you got. The case tests your competences regarding development and gives us an idea of how well you come up with solutions.
A client wants a website where you can easily search for movie trailers from various online channels.
- Movie and series enthusiasts, thousands/millions of viewers
- Use an existing online movie repository for general information about movies and series: You can use https://www.themoviedb.org/documentation/api. If you feel there’s a better API, you can use another one
- Use an existing online video service (eg. Youtube and/or Vimeo) for movie trailers;
- Users can easily search for movies or series;
- Search results are spread over pages;
- Films and series all have their own detail page with information and trailer(s).
- The application needs to be future proof, use industry standards;
- There is ambition for global presence, so scalability is important;
- An optimal user experience is essential, fast performance is therefore mandatory.
- Build an API to search for movies, the necessary movie data will be returned in response. Think carefully about using the Search API when processing end-user requests;
- Optimize search queries, response times, etc. Surprise us with valuable additions;
- You can make assumptions where necessary, come up with your own solution;
- Apply the best practices in software development;
- Try not to spend more than 4 hours doing the assignment;
- There is no need to build a frontend that displays the search results and movie details.
- Have a completely scalable solution that can easily be rolled out globally;
- Create a working solution for multiple locales;
- Have a good explanation on how you have secured your application from OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities.