Senior G/L Accountant
Senior G/L Accountant
For our office in Rotterdam, we are looking for an experienced Senior G/L Accountant who wants to work at one of the fastest-growing digital agencies in Europe. This is a perfect next step for someone who is currently working as an experienced G/L Accountant, Medior Auditor, Medior Consultant (or similar role) and wants to take the next step with leading a small team in the day to day financial accounting and being end to end responsible for a geography/group of companies.
As a Senior G/L Accountant at Dept, you contribute to the accounting transactions preparation, analysis thereof and reconciliation processes of various business teams. Together with a team of two, you are responsible for the correct and timely monthly/annual closing of one geography/portfolio of companies. You are involved in various projects, such as implementing new financial systems or the integration of acquisitions. You are no stranger to the financial and accounting reviews and smooth closing of the books process.
In addition, you lead and review our work in progress calculations & revenue recognition processes, identify & investigate trends in the income statement, review the prepared documentation for the annual audit and can act as project manager for local compliance activities such as tax filings and statutory financial statements. In this role, you feel comfortable to prepare proactive analyses, and you interact with both internal and external stakeholders. You directly contribute to the mission of Dept with reliable financial records.
Dept’s Finance Team is organised along four lines, the Financial Accounting & Control Team, the Group Control Team, the FP&A Team and a handful of specialists (such as Tax, Systems, M&A etc.). The vacancy is within this first team, reporting to one of the two Financial Controllers overseeing the larger team. We work shoulder to shoulder building out Dept’s Finance Organisation previously heavily decentralised and outsourced, now mostly centralised but not yet standardised and optimised. This next wave of quality improvements will be one of the key challenges in the first 12 to 18 months for the role.
We are a young company, and the best minds work every day for a wide range of customers, such as KLM, NS, ABN AMRO, bol.com, Oxxio and Philips. Yes, we are eager to bring on board the most talented experts in the game. But we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn and strives towards a better world takes the stage, is a futurist at heart, and someone who is down to participate in curling activities once in a while. Ultimately, we are looking for a unique individual who can strengthen our collective. We strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Have a completed HBO or WO degree;
- Have at least 5-8 years of experience in a similar position or consulting;
- Can lead the monthly closing activities on a stand-alone portfolio-level;
- Understand and be proficient at financial accounting & processes;
- Have mastered day-to-day accounting tasks such as accruals, work-in-progress, payroll, and fixed assets;
- Are confident to review the outcome of AP, AR and Bank transactional processes. ;
- Have experience in financial accounting software, such as Oracle Netsuite, Microsoft Dynamics, Exact or Twinfield;
- Have strong analytical and communication skills and are stress-resilient
- Are proactive, independent, but also an enthusiastic team player;
- Feel comfortable building and maintaining international relationships with our business teams;
- Are a star with Excel;
- Speak and write English fluently; other fluent languages (Dutch or German) are a plus.
- An open company culture;
- Possibilities to work from home;
- Working from home setup;
- Pension scheme;
- Possibilities to develop your skills even further via training and certifications;
- Healthy and tasty food;
- Free Bootcamp training twice a week;
- Friday drinks/open bar to wrap up the week;
- Great fringe benefits; laptop, mobile phone, NS business card and many other goodies.
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international agency with the most experienced thinkers & doers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.