Design & Technology IE
We are Dept, one of Europe’s biggest and fastest growing digital agencies, we work on digital project for many many house-hold names. We think that you will probably like our work.. go check it out.
As a Python developer working with our Irish team (Dublin office, with longer term plans for flexible / hybrid working), you’ll build some truely cutting edge digital experiences for our clients. Generally speaking we only work on very large pieces, so you’ll get to dive deep into large enterprise projects, working in small Agile teams.
What’s important to us is culture, it's something we value very highly from both a local and global perspective we want people who are happy to be here and we try our best to facilitate a positive working environment through all sorts of formal and informal initiatives.
Skills and experience we are (ideally!) looking for:
- Good solid Python development skills, somebody who can write well-structured Python code following tried and tested coding principles and design patterns
- Experience with Django is pretty much essential for this role
- API integration experience
- Knowledge of GIT and the intricacies around it
- Understanding of database design and administration
- Testing experience: Are focused on quality assurance
- Any CMS experience is a bonus
- Exposure to Reactjs or Vuejs is a bonus too
- A high level of professionalism, enthusiasm and are eager to learn with a drive to grow
- Experience with working for a digital agency
- Strong analytical skills
- A team player mindset, good communication skills and good command of English
- Show initiative
- Understanding of problems even when they are very complex
- The ability to think on your feet, challenging the norm and allowing you to give relevant and personalised solutions to customers based on your knowledge and experience when put on the spot
What you will get:
- An open culture
- Surrounded by the best digital and development minds in Ireland
- Opportunities for advancement and technical project ownership
- Develop yourself at one of the fastest growing digital agencies in Europe
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further
- Team building sessions, pre/post-covid away-days, charitable activities, and meals out
- Our annual company festival weekend in Amsterdam
- Beautiful office in Dublin
- Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
An assessment may be part of the application procedure.