Head of Design
Design & Technology UK
Head of Design
Dept is one of the world’s fastest growing agencies, with over 2,000 Depsters across Europe and the US. We are a pure-play digital agency, Lovies’ agency of the year, and our work has been recognised this year with 16 Webby awards nominations and 11 wins!
Working within our Manchester-based Design and Technology team, we are looking for a Head of Design to lead and grow our creative offering, making Dept a number one design destination for clients in the UK.
As the Head of Design, you will take ownership of the design team and work alongside the Head of UX and Insights. Together you will craft amazing experiences, award-winning designs, and intuitive interfaces.
You will act as a coach, mentor and leader, ensuring all the design team members are supported in their progress and development, identifying the right projects to help each team member grow and develop. You will inspire creativity amongst the team, ensuring the department's creative reputation thrives and develops under your stewardship.
At Dept, we get the opportunity to work with both enterprise-level and SME organisations, delivering both B2B and B2C digital experiences across a range of platforms. This is a great opportunity for a talented design professional looking to step up to working with international brands in a fast-moving environment.
Most projects are often multi-site and multilingua,l therefore experience in working with design systems, Digital Experience Platforms (DXPs) and international stakeholders is preferable, as is working within an agile environment.
- Be responsible for the creative output of the department.
- Challenge the status quo, bringing new thinking and approaches to our work.
- Lead, coach, inspire and mentor the design team.
- Grow the service offerings of the design team.
- Proactively identify skills gaps, training needs and recruitment opportunities.
- Shape the design teams processes and approaches.
- Minimum of 6 years’ industry experience (preferably within an agency).
- Experience of establishing, leading and guiding a design department.
- Experience in leading all stages of the design process, from Discovery through to Execution.
- Experience in working with Design Systems, Digital Patterns and Interactions.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies;
- Flexible working – Work from anywhere with trips into the office expected for key events (i.e.team meetings, sprint planning etc)
- Bonus scheme, pension scheme, free private healthcare and company sick pay scheme;
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra holidays;
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony;
- Annual all expenses paid trip to the Dept Weekender in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within Dept, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – the digital agency for creativity, technology and data. We help our clients build and accelerate their digital business by creating leading digital products, services and campaigns. Our team of over 2,000 experienced thinkers & makers span 13 countries across Europe and the Americas.
Since 1996, we live and breathe our ‘big enough to cope, small enough to care’ culture; combining the size and scale to work with any brand in the world, with the agility, speed and personal relationships of a local, boutique agency.
We are creators of the world’s leading digital products, services and campaigns.
We are helpers, building and accelerating the digital business of our clients.
We are people-first, with a culture that is “big enough to cope and small enough to care”.
We are united in building a company that has a positive impact on our people, our clients and society.
As a company with the combined capabilities of creativity, data and technology, we have the tools to innovate and improve lives. That is why it is our mission to have a positive impact on not just our people and our clients, but on society as a whole. This is our motivation every day. For the work we create for our clients, as well as the environment and culture we create for our Depsters – one that is progressive, open, supportive and diverse.