For our office in Rotterdam, we are looking for an experienced G/L Accountant who wants to work at one of the fastest-growing digital agencies in Europe.
As a G/L Accountant at Dept, you contribute to the accounting transaction preparation, analysis thereof and reconciliation processes of various business teams. Together with your team, you are responsible for the correct and timely monthly/annual closing of various companies abroad. You are involved in various projects like the implementation of new financial systems or the integration of acquisitions. You are no stranger to the financial and accounting reviews as much as credit collections.
In addition, you assist in investigating intercompany differences and help to prepare documentation for the annual audit. In this role, you feel comfortable to prepare proactive analyses and you interact with both internal and external stakeholders. You directly contribute to the mission of Dept with reports that matter.
We are a young company and the best minds work every day for a wide range of customers, such as KLM, NS, ABN AMRO, bol.com, Oxxio and Philips. Yes, we are eager to bring on board the most talented experts in the game. But we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn and strives towards a better world, takes the stage, is a futurist at heart, and someone who is down to participate in curling activities once in a while. Ultimately, we are looking for a unique individual who can strengthen our collective. We strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Have a completed HBO or WO degree;
- Have at least 3-4 years of experience in a similar position or consulting;
- Are able to lead the monthly closing activities on a stand-alone entity level;
- Understand and be proficient at financial accounting & processes;
- Have mastered day-to-day accounting tasks such as bank transaction processing and reconciliation, purchase invoice processing and reconciliation, payment batch preparation and more;
- Have experience in financial accounting software, such as Oracle Netsuite, Microsoft Dynamics, Exact or Twinfield;
- Have strong analytical and communication skills and are stress-resilient
- Are proactive, independent, but also an enthusiastic team player;
- Feel comfortable building and maintaining international relationships with our business teams;
- Are a star with Excel;
- Speak and write English fluently; other fluent languages (Dutch or German) are a plus.
- An open culture and international working environment;
- An exciting job with enough possibilities for training and personal development;
- A laptop and a mobile phone;
- An NS-Business card;
- Delicious, healthy food;
- Bootcamp training;
- Great get-togethers;
- Competitive financial compensation;
- The opportunity to do what you do best and become even better.
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international agency with the most experienced thinkers & doers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.