Data Engineer Traineeship
TRAINEESHIP DATA ENGINEER
Are you ready to kickstart your data engineering career with a traineeship? For our Skopje office, we are looking for graduates or starters with a focus on data engineering. You’ll be trained by our top consultants from the Netherlands!
As a trainee, you will learn how to build complex data integrations. You will collect raw data, build data models to transform it and run activation jobs to use your data into other platforms. We will teach you how to work with all the tools/code/platforms you need in your daily job. We will focus on Airflow, DBT, SQL & Python. The program runs in parallel with the data science traineeship. You will work closely together with them, the same as in actual projects for clients!
In our seven-month that starts on September 1, Data Engineering Traineeship Dept's experts will teach you everything you need to know to become our next excellent Data Engineer.
The program consists out of 3 parts:
1.) Theory: with lectures
2.) A lot of self-study
3.) Challenging cases and guidance of our teachers
You will learn all the basics about data integration, data warehousing, cloud platforms (AWS, Azure & Google Cloud Platform), data modelling techniques, machine learning and consultancy.
Working with us: Step by step we start involving you in running projects. Your part will become bigger and bigger. You will set up actual data pipelines in Airflow and build data models with DBT.
Your own capstone project:
While gaining all the theoretical knowledge and the first “field experience”, you will get your own capstone project, where everything comes together. In this project, you will get the opportunity to apply your knowledge, hard skills and soft skills in practice and generate value for the business.
You will work in a young environment with clever minds that work for a variety of clients such as Rituals, Omoda, Randstad, BPD, and Swapfiets. Yes, we are eager to onboard the most talented experts in the game. But we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who toasts with us to a successful week.
We strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Ultimately, we are looking for a unique individual who is able to strengthen our collective.
- Have completed your Bachelor or Masters degree in Business IT or similar (Computer Science, Data Science, Information Management, Big Data);
- Are analytical, independent, flexible and have an affinity with technology;
- Have some experience with web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics);
- Are an expert in Python (MUST);
- Are experienced in SQL;
- Have an affinity with marketing and technology;
- You like to present and are able to simply explain complex issues;
- You don’t want to sit behind your screen all day long, but you like to discuss solutions with clients and colleagues. By doing so, you become better in your work and deliverables!
- A family-like, informal and rewarding company culture;
- A chance to grow and learn from day one;
- The opportunity to do what you are good at and want to become good at;
- Possibilities to develop your skills even further via training and certifications;
- Friday drinks
- Legendary team outings, field trips and company weekends to Amsterdam – a chance to meet other people within Dept!
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, additional private health insurance, paid parking, public transport, paid sporting activities like fitness, spa, swimming, bowling, and many more.
- New and modern office near the city square.
We offer you full time employment with a monthly salary, during the traineeship. After the traineeship program is completed and you have successfully fulfilled the goals and objectives, you will be given the opportunity to continue your Data career with us.
WHO ARE WE? Hello, we are Dept – an international digital agency with the most experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology, and data. We help reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.