DEPT®/Technology & Data
Roles open in: Dublin
DEPT® is looking for a Python Developer to join our Dublin team to help build some highly visible web applications.
As a Python Developer you will get to work on very large web projects, we have 4 Python teams all working on very large applications with a large suite of microservices and scalable infrastructures.
Many of the projects we have lined up involve taking POCs / small applications much further into production. You will face challenges around scalability, security and design but you will be surrounded by a team of experts in various areas to help.
Within the Python environment we are invested in Django and Wagtail, you’ll be working on these technologies on a day to day basis. The majority of the applications we work on are cloud based and generally speaking we employ microservices where it makes sense to do so. You will gain exposure to Azure and on the front end React and Nextjs are our go to tools for now.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Good solid Python development skills, somebody who can write well-structured Python code following tried and tested coding principles and design patterns
- Experience with Django is pretty much essential for this role
- API integration experience
- Knowledge of GIT and some of the intricacies around it
- Understanding of database design and administration
- Testing experience: you are focused on quality assurance
- Any CMS experience is a bonus but knowledge of wagtail would be great (we arn’t really expecting this).
- Exposure to Reactjs / Nextjs would be nice but not essential, its mostly a backend dev role.
- Exposure to Azure (or AWS) and an understanding of Docker & Kubernetes is nice to have but not essential.
- A high level of professionalism, enthusiasm and are eager to learn with a drive to grow – you will be working alongside some very talented individuals who have helped and mentored many other developers, they love it when people are keen to learn new things.
- Very flexible remote working policy, realistically you can be based anywhere in Ireland with occasional visits to our beautiful city center office.
- An open company culture
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training opportunities
- A legendary annual company festival in Amsterdam
- The opportunity to do what you do best and become even better
- Develop yourself at one of the fastest growing digital agencies in the world
WHO WE ARE
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 4000+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
#pythondeveloper #python #developer #softwaredeveloper #dublin #ireland #remoteworking
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture
Personalize your experience