Senior Finance Manager
Roles open in: Skopje
Senior Finance Manager
For our office in Skopje, we are looking for an experienced Finance Manager who wants to work at one of the fastest-growing digital agencies in Europe. This is a perfect next step for someone who is currently working as an experienced Financial Accountant, External/Internal Auditor, Big4 or already as a Finance Manager and wants to take the next step being end to end responsible for two companies in the region. As we are expanding and starting our team in Skopje, this will be the opportunity to shape the finance department and grow your team.
As a Finance Manager at Dept, you contribute to the accounting transactions preparation, analysis thereof and reconciliation processes of various business teams. As part of the remote European Finance Team, you are responsible for the correct and timely monthly/annual closing of the Croatian and Macedonian companies. You are involved in various projects, such as implementing new financial systems or the integration of acquisitions. You are no stranger to the financial and accounting reviews and the smooth closing of the book's process, and making sure we stand the test of the annual group and local audit.
In addition, you will have close cooperation with the local MDs and Operation Teams, identify & investigate trends in the income statement, review the prepared documentation for the annual audit, and can act as project manager for local compliance activities such as tax filings and statutory financial statements. In this role, you feel comfortable to prepare proactive analyses, and you interact with both internal and external stakeholders. You directly contribute to the mission of Dept with reliable financial records.
Dept’s Finance Team is organised along four lines, the Financial Accounting & Control Team, the Group Control Team, the FP&A Team and our Specialists (such as Tax, Systems, M&A etc.). The vacancy is within this first team, reporting to the Head of Finance based in the Netherlands. We work shoulder to shoulder building out Dept’s Finance Organization previously heavily decentralised and outsourced, now mostly centralised but not yet standardised and optimised.
We are a young company, and the best minds work every day for a wide range of customers, such as KLM, NS, ABN AMRO, bol.com, Oxxio and Philips. Yes, we are eager to bring on board the most talented experts in the game. But we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn and strives towards a better world takes the stage, is a futurist at heart, and someone who is down to participate in curling activities once in a while. Ultimately, we are looking for a unique individual who can strengthen our collective. We strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Have a completed Bachelor of Master degree in finance or similar field;
- Have at least 6-10 years of experience in a similar position or consulting;
- Can lead the monthly closing activities on a stand-alone portfolio-level;
- Understand and be proficient at financial accounting & processes;
- Have mastered day-to-day accounting tasks such as accruals, work-in-progress, payroll, and fixed assets. And you feel confident to review the outcome of AP, AR and Bank transactional processes.
- Have experience in financial accounting software, such as Oracle Netsuite, or Microsoft Dynamics
- Have strong analytical and communication skills and are stress-resilient
- Are proactive, independent, but also an enthusiastic team player;
- Feel comfortable building and maintaining international relationships with our business teams;
- Are a star with Excel;
- Speak and write English fluently; other fluent languages are a plus.
- An opportunity to work together with colleagues from all around the world (Netherlands, UK, Germany, USA and many more);
- Development of your skills even further via training, conferences and seminars;
- A chance to grow and learn from day one;
- A family-like, informal and rewarding company culture;
- Friday drinks;
- Legendary team outings, field trips and company weekends – a chance to meet other people within DEPT®!
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, additional private health insurance, paid parking, public transport, paid sporting activities like fitness, spa, swimming, bowling, and many more;
- New and modern office near the city square.
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture
Personalize your experience