DEPT®/Design & UX
Visual Designer | Argentina
Roles open in: Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires
Visual Designer | Argentina
DEPT® Argentina is looking for designers who want to build great products, designers who bring to life authentic ideas that capture the audiences’ attention. We work within many different formats and social platforms, leveraging the latest tech and combining strategic thinking with design, illustration and motion to deliver innovative work.
We have a team made up of art directors, illustrators, animators (2D + 3D), and video editors, which means each designer brings something different to every project. We’re building a strong, collaborative team in Argentina to work as an extension of BYTE/DEPT® studio in New York to execute daily creative tasks.
The mid-weight Visual Designer that would be a part of the Argentinian team is expected to work in sync with an animator and report directly to a Senior Lead Designer. As a team, the work you create should be thoughtful and set a high bar of excellence due to your collaborative efforts with each other.
This role is fast paced, varied and constantly evolving.
- Deliver projects alongside the New York Design team
- Collaborate with team daily
- Strong composition/layout skills
- Automation – Celtra
- Work with many different formats and platforms to create global campaigns
- Illustration – Designer must understand form and shape
- Follow templatized files without changing structure
- Be aware of and respond to current design and culture
- Meet quick turn deadlines
- Quick / attentive communication with New York team
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years relevant experience
- A portfolio including both graphic design and illustration
- Understanding of graphic design foundations e.g. typography, layout design, grids
- Understanding of form and shape and how illustration and graphic design can work together within a layout
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced problem solving skills & utilizing your available resources
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent deck design skills
- Experience presenting your work
- Ability to remain focused under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
- A love for learning new things and exploring new formats
Nice to have:
- 2D Animation skills
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude – one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
Good Traits to Have
- No ego – You realize design is about solving human and psychological problems, not solving artistic aspirations.
- Business-minded – You understand that great design solves for the business as well as the user.
- Articulate – You can communicate ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Entrepreneurial – You like designing and building cool and new things.
- Self-aware – You recognize your own strengths and weaknesses in real-time and can adjust accordingly.
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture