Roles open in: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Zwolle
We are looking for a Financial Controller who wants to work at one of the fastest-growing digital agencies in Europe. An opportunity of a lifetime that requires out-of-the-box thinking.
DEPT® is growing lightning fast, both organically as through buy & build. We are an established name in mainland Europe and seek to expand in the US, UK, South / Central Europe, and APAC in the next 18 months. For an ambitious Financial, this drive could be the ideal environment for a third or fourth step in their career whereby leadership, agile thinking, and continuous process improvement will be key requirements.
Finance in DEPT® is organised along with two key responsibilities, one team is responsible for Accounting, Financial Control, and Reporting, while the other is responsible for Budgeting, Forecasting, and Business Partnering. The Global Head of Finance is leading the first group and is responsible for the EMEA International Finance Teams and the Group Control Team. While the Head of FP&A leads the other team. Both Heads report to the CFO.
Within the International Finance Team, we currently have three Financial Controller / Finance Manager roles, one is vacant. In this role, you will lead the end-to-end accounting for our teams based in Germany and Denmark. You will be initially responsible for leading a team of approx six to eight professionals with mixed backgrounds. Some have been with DEPT® for a long period, and have grown ever since, others have joined a few months ago from the Big4 and hold a Master’s degree with dito ambition. Our company needs both ends of the spectrum since one is a true guardian of our culture and is the glue of our finance team and the other brings the professional experience of big companies that we need to adopt the change and move in the right direction.
What are we looking for
Our ideal candidate has 8 to 10 years experience in the field of financial accounting, auditing or financial consulting, and preferably has recent experience as a Finance Manager, SSC manager or advisor/consultant dealing with transformation processes within finance. He or she is deadline orientated, has an eye for quality, and flags improvements. DEPT® is growing very rapidly as a company meaning that not a day in the office is the same. Growth is the only constant, and that growth needs to be supported by a robust finance team.
We are a young company and the best minds work every day for a wide range of customers, such as KLM, Bose, ABN AMRO, bol.com, Samsung and Philips. Yes, we are eager to bring on board the most talented experts in the game, but we are also looking for the perfect DEPT®-fit. Someone who is eager to learn and strives towards a better world, takes the stage, is a futurist at heart, and is someone who is down to participate in curling activities once in a while. Ultimately, we are looking for a unique individual who is able to strengthen our collective. We strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Are a star in Finance and understand what it means to be responsible for a Business with a dozen of entities in multiple countries.
- Want to make an impact and share our key values;
- Are a stress-resistant self-starter and an agile learner;
- Have a hands-on mentality as a leader;
- Are able to coach & mentor young professionals and build out your vision on Finance;
- Are deadline-oriented;
- Are internationally orientated, proficient in building an internal network and someone who thrives in a scale-up-minded organization.
- Feel empowered to lead change in your portfolio;
- Absorb, analyse and conclude on data and information quickly;
- Speak and write English fluently.
- Master in Accounting or Finance;
- 8+ years experience in accounting/finance;
- Solid knowledge and understanding of finance organisation, and strongly preferred to have experience with IFRS;
- Experience with ERP systems and cloud-based accounting systems required (preferably NetSuite or Twinfield).
- Experience with system implementations;
- RA or PostDoc equivalent is a big plus;
- Knowledge of Tax compliance;
- Experience with group accounting and/or consolidations;
- Working within the professional services and/or technology industry;
- Working within private equity.
- An opportunity of a lifetime in an open culture;
- An exciting job with enough possibilities for training and personal development;
- A laptop and a mobile phone;
- Commuting compensation;
- Delicious, healthy food;
- Bootcamp training;
- Great get-togethers;
- Competitive financial compensation;
- The opportunity to do what you do best and become even better.
The application process will consist of various rounds, containing meetings with our recruiter, the Global Head of Finance, our CFO, and possibly other team members. Furthermore, you will be asked to participate in a case study reflecting all elements of the job and a personality/ motivation test.
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture