This role is based in our Dublin office on Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2. We are digital partners with some of Ireland’s largest organisation including Glen Dimplex, The Health Service Executive, EirGrid, CarTrawler, SEAI, AIB, Irish Water and Gas Networks Ireland. This role is working within our growing Commerce service line.
The successful candidate will assist with the maintenance of our Shopify and Shopify Plus ecommerce websites. The ideal candidate will be proficient in coding and have a strong understanding of Shopify and Shopify Plus and it’s theme and app store development approaches, Web usability, site architecture, website management, and digital marketing tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build out and maintain our existing and new customer ecommerce sites in Shopify and Shopify Plus
- Work with PMs to support new business sales and pitches
- Perform regular website testing to ensure functionality, including logging issues, detailing bugs, and making recommendations to PMs of any improvements that can be made
- Manage daily website updates, edits, changes, or asset uploads within our content management system
- Knowledgeable in security / personal data protection principles and GPDR
- Developing testing plans and troubleshooting issues related to eCommerce issues
- Helping with website conversion and analytics
- Working on mobile, tablet and desktop solutions
- Monitoring and managing website uptime and performance
- Designing and testing pages on different browsers/devices/clients
- Implement advanced debugging techniques and usage of browser developer tools
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 3+ Years experience in Website Development with specific knowledge of Shopify Plus
- General experience building, launching and maintaining stores, as well as general knowledge of the admin system
- Experience with working with a made theme and/or Storefront API
- Experience with Shopify's theming system and Liquid templating
- Experience with implementing/debugging 3rd party Shopify apps as well as creating custom solutions if necessary
- Experience with Shopify's object/properties, AJAX API, and Meta fields
- Thorough testing and debugging skills with browser console and external tools
- Experience developing for responsive layouts for a desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Experience working with 3rd party services and APIs, specific plugins for Shopify
- An open culture;
- Surrounded by the best digital and development minds in Ireland
- Opportunities for advancement and technical project ownership
- Develop yourself at one of the fastest growing digital agencies in Europe
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further
- Team building sessions, pre/post-covid away-days, charitable activities, and meals out
- Our annual company festival weekend in Amsterdam
- Beautiful office in Dublin
- Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier.
Dept is built on a diverse mix of personalities. Working together, testing ourselves, getting better every day. Working at Dept is about giving you the space to do what you're good at, and giving you the room to get ever better. Dept loves people that take responsibility, not orders. We nurture raw talent, support each other and coach you to be the best you can be.
But enough about us. Get in touch, send some samples of your best work and tell us about yourself!
An assessment may be part of the application procedure.