UK Sales Director
We are looking for a UK Sales Director to drive the acquisition of new clients through your own leads, contacts and other business opportunities.
In the role, you will be responsible for selling Dept to prospective customers within the Technology Design and Build industry whilst educating them on what we do. At Dept Design and Technology UK we work with enterprise level B2B and B2C clients, and design and build solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, back-office integration, security, and commerce. The Sales Director will be the spokesperson for Dept, your manner will represent the business as a whole and therefore, your demeanour will reflect our core principles at all times.
You will be consultative in your approach, conducting your role with integrity and humility. The Sales Director is a key part in enabling Dept to achieve its goals for future development within the industry.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be responsible for all new business development for the UK, ensuring that sales targets are hit and exceeded.
- You will be creative in sourcing and developing new business opportunities.
- You will develop strategies and plans to target those opportunities.
- You will manage a consistent pipeline of new and progressive opportunities, of a size and quality to achieve the set sales target.
- You will be responsible for truly understanding prospective clients' challenges, ensuring that you are equipped to align our services to prospects’ needs as a result.
- You will be responsible for influencing prospect decision making through your knowledge of Dept and our offering, in a manner which educates the customer on Dept and our software partners.
- You will be responsible for developing C-level relationships with all potential customers and software partners.
- You will lead well-informed and prepared business pitches, which are dynamic and captivating.
- You will represent Dept at relevant events (owned or partner).
- You will work collaboratively with our Client Services and Delivery Teams in the on-boarding and hand over of new clients to guarantee a seamless transition.
- Previous agency experience in business development and / or client services roles is essential
- You will be able to give evidence of consistently making good sales decisions, which have resulted in closing fruitful business deals of considerable size.
- You will consistently qualify and close at every stage of the sales process to help enforce a successful sales pipeline.
- You will have an exceptional knowledge of the technical industry and our relevant software partners.
- You will be a problem solver; able to think on your feet, challenging the norm and allowing you to give relevant and personalized solutions to customer based on your knowledge and experience when put on the spot.
- You will be a consultative and honest sales person, giving open answers and addressing issues head on with integrity and humility.
- You will have passion when selling Dept, which will enthuse and excite the customer.
- You will be determined, meaning you are the type of person who is stubborn and will chase opportunities especially when faced with objections.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Beer Friday – at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer;
- Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and BB pick up the tab;
- Quarterly social budget;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious how our workplace looks like? Watch the video here.