Software Development Manager
For our Manchester office we are looking for a Software Development Manager to be responsible for the technical delivery of all projects on multiple client accounts both big and small across a number of technologies.
The Software Development Manager will be motivated to lead teams of software developers to deliver innovative solutions that integrate and utilise our core products to provide real business value to our clients.
You will have multiple responsibilities including providing leadership to team members and ensuring that Senior Developers and their team deliver projects in line with best practice.
You will have a keen eye for code quality and be able to introduce processes to your teams to ensure the quality of the overall delivery is at the highest level.
Line management of developers is also an important part of the role as you will be responsible for identifying individual training needs and technical guidance for your developers.
You will be confident and knowledgeable in a wide range of current technologies and processes, and we would expect you to develop collaborative working relationships with clients to produce solutions in a way that satisfies their expectations. You will stay up to date with the latest technologies and processes and be able to support many aspects of the business, delegating tasks where needed with help from the Production Manager through to Client Services, Project Management, Strategy and DOS. The Software Development Manager will act as an escalation point on any technical / development issues or incidents.
- You've reached a point in your career where you want to utilise your managerial skills while still staying close to technologies we use
- Strong knowledge and experience web development project lifecycles
- Proven leadership skills for a team of technical developers
- Strong focus on software delivery through solid processes and quality code
- Release management experience
- Experience providing accurate estimates of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including hosting meetings, presentations and documentation
- Good experience of Content Management Systems
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Beer Friday – at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer;
- Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and Dept pick up the tab;
- Quarterly social budget;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!;
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, over a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious about who we are? Watch the video here.