Junior Frontend Developer
For our Manchester office, we are looking for a Junior Frontend Developer that can successfully transform the dream design of our clients into a well-functioning platform.
As a Junior Frontend Developer, you will work on a variety of global digital projects for high profile B2B and B2C brands. You will build mobile-first, cross-browser compatible, high performing websites and strive to look for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace. You will ensure the client Technical Wiki’s are kept up to date and you will continuously strive to improve your craft. You will work heavily with React, and will provide training to make sure you’re up-to-date with the latest technologies.
You will work in a young environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
• Are an expert with HTML and CSS and are comfortable writing JS or jQuery;
• Have an extreme attention for detail and strive for perfection;
• Have experience of responsive website development including component development, templates, grids / breakpoints & pattern libraries;
• Have experience with React, Angular or similar is beneficial
• Have experience or awareness of CSS pre-processors (e.g. LESS and/or SASS);
• Have experience or awareness of task runners (e.g. Grunt and/or Gulp) and using source control (Git);
• Are able to translate creative ideas and mockups into interactive prototypes;
• Are aware of modular approaches to HTML markup;
• Ideally have experience of building for a CMS;
• Are one of those ambitious people who can switch from serious to play in a heartbeat.
• Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
• Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
• Beer Friday – at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer;
• Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
• Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and Dept pick up the tab;
• Quarterly social budget;
• Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!;
• Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
• An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 1000 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious how our workplace looks like? Watch the video here.