For our Manchester office we are looking for a Development Manager to be responsible for the technical ownership of all projects on multiple client accounts, both big and small, across a number of technologies. You’ll be working collaboratively as part of a close knit, fully integrated team to build and maintain world-class websites.
If you have reached a point in your career where you want to utilise your managerial skills while still staying close to technology, then the Development Manager role with Dept is for you. You will consult with clients to understand their current problems and create innovative solution designs that provide real business value. You will be involved with estimates of work, creation and review of technical specifications and creating proof of concepts. As a trusted advisor to our clients you will attend and host client meetings and workshops. You will act as a trusted technical advisor on projects and manage client expectations throughout the delivery.
Management and mentoring of Developers is also an important part of the role. You will inspire and mentor your team of Developers to produce their best work, and deliver projects in line with best practice. You will be responsible for identifying individual training needs and technical guidance for Developers.
You will be confident and knowledgeable in a wide range of current technologies and processes, and we would expect you to develop collaborative working relationships with clients to produce solutions in a way that satisfies their expectations. You will stay up to date with the latest technologies and processes and be able to support many aspects of the business, delegating tasks where needed with help from the Production Manager through to Client Services, Project Management, Strategy and DOS. The Development Manager will act as an escalation point on any technical / development issues or incidents.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us. Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Strong knowledge and experience web development project lifecycles;
- Previous experience working in an agency is a must;
- Proven leadership skills for a team of technical developers;
- Release management experience;
- Experience providing accurate estimates of work;
- Demonstrated consulting skills including client relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including hosting meetings, presentations and documentation;
- Good business analysis/redesign skills with architecture and implementation experience;
- Good experience of Content Management Systems.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- An excellent salary based on experience;
- Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
- Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare;
- Flexible working – choose your hours around our 4 core hours, and work home/office wherever you feel comfortable;
- 25 days paid holiday including a holiday sales and purchase scheme;
- Free refreshments – refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as beer fridge at 4pm on a Friday;
- Lunch together – once a month, we buy lunch for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work;
- Annual social budget;
- Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and Dept pick up the tab;
- Yearly trip to the Dept Weekender in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within Dept, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international digital agency, from our offices across Europe and the US, over a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data to reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious about who we are? Watch the video here.