Business Development Executive
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
We are looking for a tenacious Business Development Executive for our Manchester office who can successfully support in-building pipeline for the Digital Marketing team, covering services from performance marketing, marketing automation and data & intelligence.
As Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for achieving quarterly and annual lead generation and sales targets, by using a range of inside sales techniques. You will qualify all inbound Marketing Qualified leads against specified criteria. In addition, you will support the sourcing of new business leads and grow relationships with prospects on an ongoing and consistent basis, nurturing them into tangible opportunities for the business, against agreed targets.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game, but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
• Are excellent at qualifying opportunities. You build up a solid understanding of all marketing generated leads; you collate insights and develop stakeholder profiles (their needs and challenges), all with the aim of converting prospects into first stage meetings (both short and medium).
• Are skilled at nurturing leads from marketing generated lead stage through to sales qualified. You know when a lead is worth pursuing!
• Are capable of developing initial engagement with cold prospects, with the aim to convert them into first meetings, using all available contact methods that work.
• Can influence prospects’ decision-making in a manner which educates the customer and builds up their trust in our expertise. You know how to utilise LinkedIn, content and case studies to prospect and nurture.
• You continue to support leads once they turn into first meetings by using a proactive approach. You work with prospects to identify future opportunities to grow our share of services.
• Have evidence of consistently making good sales decisions which resulted in setting up qualified leads. You understand prospects’ priorities and challenges, and can sell-in how Dept could fit.
• Are determined! You’re the type of person who will chase opportunities, especially when faced with objections.
• Maintain a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of industry (competitors’ and clients’) activities.
• Keep on top of admin! Especially Salesforce records.
• Have a passion for digital marketing/ marketing automation.
• You will be based in Manchester, with regular travel to London expected.
• Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further.
• Great fringe benefits – think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff.
• Beer Friday – at 4pm on a Friday, the beer fridge is unlocked and you can have free beer.
• Pizza Friday – once a month, we buy pizzas for everyone in the office to celebrate everyone's hard work.
• Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and Dept pick up the tab.
• Quarterly social budget.
• Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
• Yearly bonus scheme, pension scheme and free private healthcare.
• An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious how our workplace looks like? Watch the video here.