Team Lead Data Engineering
Digital Marketing NL
We are looking for a Team Lead Data Engineering who will make sure we continue to have a happy team, happy clients and good results. And also in that order of priority. Because if your highly motivated team delivers the most amazing projects the good results will show itself.
At Dept we’re quite proud of the fact that we are very active in the Data Engineering field. Airflow, DBT, Snowflake, BigQuery, Spark, Beam, we do it all, and within any of the three big clouds. We don’t only talk about it, but we truly deliver hands-on use cases for our clients. Looking at the growth of the team and the potential of this field we are on the hunt for a Team Lead that will facilitate the wishes and needs of our team, and someone who can sell our proposition to other internal teams as well as to clients.
- People: You are responsible for the personal development of the people in your team. They have goals and ambitions, you help them achieve those. But you also challenge them on what they want to achieve, and how they do so. In quality, process and communication, but also in their work/life balance and personal development in a broader sense.
- Structure: At Dept, you might say we are a bunch of cowboys doing things, especially when doing new things, like Data Engineering. As a Team Lead, you guard or create the structure we need, and help create (or bend) the processes in order to achieve your team goals and above all our client needs.
- Commerce: Data Engineering contains a lot of value, but it also requires an investment. While the team members are really skilled in their work, you also actively pursue the commercial potential of the discipline. By thinking with and for clients on how to create or answer questions on how Data Engineering can help solve their problems. You know how to translate a technical solution to what value it brings for a client.
- Strategy: Typically, a Team Lead at Dept also runs his/her own projects from the discipline you lead. For this role, we expect you to have a more strategic Data role in projects. You also at least understand the concepts of Data Engineering, to such a level so you can understand your team members concepts and applications. we don’t expect you to have Senior level Data Engineering hard skills.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds who work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
- Have at least 3 to 5 years of working experience in a role within the data (engineering) field;
- Maybe don’t have hands-on data engineering experience, but know how to translate a struggle from a client into a data engineering solution;
- Have experience with leading and coaching colleagues;
- Are pro-active and will help us build our data engineering proposition;
- Have a commercial drive;
- Have experience at an digital agency (bonus points)
- An open company culture;
- Possibilities to work from our offices and hubs in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Veenendaal, Zwolle, and Maastricht – or from the comfort of your own home;
- Access to the newest technological gadgets due to our premium partnerships with f.e. Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure;
- Working from home setup;
- Pension scheme;
- Possibilities to develop your skills even further via training and certifications;
- Healthy and tasty food;
- Free Bootcamp training twice a week;
- Friday drinks/open bar to wrap up the week;
- Great fringe benefits; laptop, mobile phone, NS business card and many other goodies.
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international digital agency of experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.
Apply now via Whatsapp: +31 6 82 05 34 32