Senior Backend Developers* – PHP
Design & Technology DE
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a Senior Backend Developers* with excellent PHP skills and many years of project experience.
As a Senior Backend Developers* you will develop challenging and individual B2C/B2B e-commerce projects on our preferred store systems in the PHP stack (Spryker Commerce OS, Shopware). You work in agile (Scrum, Kanban), interdisciplinary and international project teams with a high level of personal responsibility and maintain the constant exchange and joint development with your team colleagues. Your clients include nationally and internationally renowned brands such as Jungheinrich, Tom Tailor, Paul Hewitt, Dorothee Schumacher and many others.
We are looking for creative talents and seasoned experts who feel comfortable in an inspiring environment and prefer to think about tomorrow rather than yesterday. You have ideas that make the world a little bit better, love to learn something new every day, master your tools perfectly as an Expert:in, but also encounter your best ideas sometimes away from your workplace? Then we would like to get to know you and find out how you can enrich our team with your expertise and personality.
- Have excellent knowledge of PHP in particular and web development in general and are familiar with all de facto standard tools and components in this environment
- Bring a deep understanding of OOP and SOLID principles
- Possess a broad knowledge of design and cloud patterns and apply them judiciously in appropriate situations (considering KISS, YAGNI, Occam's razor principles) to deliver reusable, object-oriented and decoupled software
- Place high value on performance, scalability and maintainability of applications at all times
- Are familiar with state of the art frameworks like Symfony (or Laravel)
- Ideally already have experience in the e-commerce environment and with the integrations of third-party systems (PIM, CMS, PSP, OMS, ERP, etc.) that frequently occur here
- Are experienced and confident in covering at least critical implementations through appropriate testing (unit/integration/system testing).
- Ideally have profound knowledge in API development and are familiar with common protocols and standards (OpenAPI spec.)
- Have already worked in agile teams e.g. according to Scrum or Kanban
- Knows and appreciates working via merge requests/code reviews for quality assurance and continuous improvement of your own coding skills and those of your colleagues (or can't wait to work that way)
- As a strong team player, you are keen to work in international teams and communicate reliably in English, both verbally and in writing.
- A subsidy for the company pension plan, the HVV ProfiTicket and the monthly contribution to the fitness studio
- Business English and German courses
- A weekly salad bar as well as fruit, coffee, tea and drinks for free
- An appreciative and collaborative corporate culture with a “can do” attitude
- Start-up feeling in an established company
- Continuous training and specialization opportunities in the international dept environment
- A good work-life balance (flexible working hours, home office options and various working time models)
- Get-togethers and events like Team Lunch, Dept Festival in Amsterdam, Christmas Party or Winter Sports Camp
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept – an international digital agency that combines creative excellence with a strong understanding of technology and data. Our team of strategists, creatives, designers and developers helps clients reinvent themselves digitally. In the process, we create unique experiences that delight your users and drive your business forward.
* We are happy about human beings of any gender.