Principal Visual Designer
For our office in Rotterdam / Amsterdam (both possible) we are looking for an ambitious Principal Visual Designer who effortlessly translates abstract words and concepts into amazing visual designs and digital products.
As a Principal Visual Designer at Dept you take the digital channels of our clients to a higher level. You inspire clients and colleagues with your sense of style and vision on digital brands. You understand how fantastic digital design fits within the commercial framework of brands and helps to push their boundaries. Your qualities add value in a wide range of client questions, from app to shop and from museum to commodity. And your vision on design inspires the team and determines our course.
Your passion for the profession is evident from your rich and diverse portfolio. With this work – and your personality – you know how to inspire less experienced team members! You can convey your passion for the profession well because you are both verbally and visually well versed. Because you have recently worked on award-winning projects, you know what it takes to work at that level, exactly what we do at Dept! You are also able to tell us new things about typography, layouts and motion.
In this role you are responsible for executing design research and design strategy for our top clients. You coordinate the projects you work on in terms of visual design and content creation. With your extensive experience you can easily collaborate with UX Designers and Strategists in all phases of the project. And you are pre-eminently responsible for the quality of the delivery and implementation of these projects. You will also work with the design leadership to ensure our competitive position in the market.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients like the Van Gogh Museum, Bugaboo, NS en B&B Italia. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
- Have at least 7 years of working experience at a digital agency or renowned brand;
- Are a strong communicator, visually and verbally;
- Can demonstrate your passion for design through a rich and diverse portfolio with strong focus on digital brand and interface (UX/UI/Digital Product);
- Have extensive experience with working in multidisciplinary teams;
- Have experience with Figma and experience with motion graphics (for interaction) is a must;
- Have experience with design systems? That’s a big plus;
- Are in possession of a finished bachelor- or master degree in a related field;
- Speak and write English on a professional level (C2).
- An open company culture;
- Possibilities to work from home;
- Working from home setup;
- Pension scheme;
- Possibilities to develop your skills even further via training and certifications;
- Healthy and tasty food;
- Free Bootcamp training twice a week;
- Friday drinks/open bar to wrap up the week;
- Great fringe benefits; laptop, mobile phone, NS business card and many other goodies.
WHO ARE WE?
Hello, we are Dept – an international digital agency with the most experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology, and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.
At Dept, we welcome talent with every nationality, background and orientation. We believe in a workplace in which everyone can be themselves and feel appreciation for who they are and what they do.
Apply now via Whatsapp, send us your resume on 06 824 42 120!