Lead Support Developer
Roles open in: Manchester
Lead Support Developer
DEPT®️ is looking for a Technical Lead to join our Manchester team and play a fundamental role within the Digital Operations Support (DOS) team, taking responsibility for the technical delivery and mentorship of our Junior Developers.
Working closely with the Service Delivery Manager, you will ensure the satisfaction of clients and that we are delivering on our contractual obligations. This position is still very much a hands-on technical role and you will also be involved in the development of technical solutions.
You will ensure our processes are fit for purpose and followed at all times. You will become a trusted and proactive technical authority to our clients and act as a quality gateway within the DOS team, ensuring the technical deliverables maintain the highest standard.
You will be confident and knowledgeable in a wide range of current technologies and processes, and we would expect you to develop collaborative working relationships with clients to produce solutions that meet their expectations.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT®️ we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- Will be responsible for the team’s technical delivery, mentor a team of Junior Developers and induct new team members
- Will support the line management of all developers in the team from a technical perspective to support progression
- Will oversee effective Release Management with required documentation
- Have experience implementing robust technical processes and procedures
- Are knowledgeable about and can complete code reviews to improve delivery quality
- Are adept at identifying training needs and creating training plans
- Will act as the technical authority on solutions implemented by the team and be the escalation point for the team’s technical questions
- Will triage and estimate incoming work requests
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are ambitious, with with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Can demonstrate your experience with CMS platforms such as Sitecore, Optimizely, Umbraco, SDL Tridion, Adobe Experience Manager and others
- Have experience of DevOps pipelines and automation tools such as Teamcity and Octopus Deploy
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honoring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual DEPT® Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT® is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture
Personalize your experience