DEPT®/Design & UX
Principal Product Owner
Roles open in: Manchester
Principal Product Owner
DEPT® is looking for a Principal Product Owner to join our Manchester team and lead our product division to deliver projects both large and small for a variety of global, high-profile B2B and B2C brands. You’ll work collaboratively as part of a close knit, fully integrated team to build and maintain world-class digital solutions.
As a Principal Product Owner you will lead the product team, ensuring best practice is upheld and implemented at all times. Mentorship is an important part of the role. You will mentor and guide your team to be the best they can be, supporting and guiding them to deliver optimal work. You’ll also work closely with other team leads to ensure seamless delivery across all departments.
You will take ownership of large projects and act as the product advocate for both users and clients, ensuring users get the best possible experience and that clients’ business requirements are met to generate a positive ROI. As part of building excellent products, you will be expected to plan and deliver workshops with stakeholders of all levels to successfully elicit objectives and requirements.
We are looking for someone who is a confident and knowledgeable leader with a strong appetite for product development. You will be able to build excellent relationships with both colleagues and clients alike and are passionate about staying up-to-date with the latest tech trends, processes and best practices; and are able to transfer your knowledge into your role.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT®, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- A wide range of experience delivering digital solutions
- A constant drive for improvement over our approaches and processes
- Knowledge and experience in web development project lifecycles is essential
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including hosting meetings, presentations and documentation, translating user/business requirements into tangible technical and user requirements
- Be able to define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual DEPT® Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT® is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report.
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture