Senior+ Cloud Engineer – US Remote
Roles open in: Boston, New York, Newburyport
Senior+ Cloud Engineer – US Remote
DEPT® is a global digital agency that does cutting edge work in technology, creativity and data.. Our goals are simple: happy employees and happy clients. We know that making our employees happy and letting them focus on doing good work leads to happy clients. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client facing engineers that can both understand our client’s business goals and write elegant code.
One of our mottoes is “big enough to cope and small enough to care.” Big enough to cope means we have the resources to provide you with things like top notch equipment and software to get your job done, good compensation, and benefits. Small enough to care means each local team works how they see most effectively and treat clients right. We're doing all of this as a fast growing, global company and with that comes a lot of excitement. You have the opportunity to get in and help us build a world class digital agency.
As a member of our team, you’ll focus on only one project at a time. We don’t want you to feel spread thin and we want to make sure you’re in a good place to show up for your client and deliver great work. We pride ourselves in treating our employees like adults. We hire curious, self-driven, high performers, and trust they will do their jobs well. We allow for flexible work times and have unlimited PTO. We want you home in time for dinner.
Moreover, as a B Corp certified company, we’re also passionate about purpose-driven work so you can feel good about the contributions you make.
Here are some of the things we believe in:
- Code quality is a top priority; style guides, code reviews, best practices. Not to mention, you’ll be exposed to a variety of cutting-edge technologies
- Great UI/UX is critical; aesthetics, animations, copy, and speed are all part of this
- Collaboration; great communication is the key to any project
- Intellectually curious; we're constantly learning and evolving through guild meetings, lunch and learns, conferences, continuing education, and practice
- Flexibility; while we expect you to show up for your clients, we don't believe in a typical 9-5. Outside of client meetings, your workday schedule is determined by what works best for you
- Drive your own career path; whether it’s management or not, we have a parallel staff engineering route for those that want to continue honing their craft
- You have a meaningful life outside of work, and we’re here to support that—not the other way around
What will your day be like?
- You will help set the technical choices and direction of the DEPT® DevOps practice
- You will help clients set up cloud infrastructure for complex apps that are making a material impact on the world . Specifically, you’ll develop Infrastructure as Code scripts to help automate infrastructure delivery for our clients. Our typical setup for clients is Docker containers running in Elastic Container Service, setup with Terraform.
- Our motto is “Strong opinions, loosely held” so we always go with whatever makes sense for that project and client.
- You’ll help other DEPT® engineers up-level their DevOps knowledge and skills
- Both learn new things from other DEPT® engineers as well as improve how we do things
What are we looking for?
- You have 2-5+ years experience supporting infrastructure for apps with lots of users and development teams
- You have 2-5+ years experience with Amazon Web Services and possibly other cloud providers
- You have 2-5+ years of experience with infrastructure as code, preferably Terraform
- You have 2-5+ years experience with Docker and possibly other containers
- You have 1-5+ years experience with a programming language such as Java, Python, or JS
- You’ve automated and maintained databases before. Maybe you’re not a Database admin, but you can create support a production database
- You’ve worked extensively with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools and all the things they integrate with;
- You’re a natural problem-solver and willing to take initiative
- You enjoy working with clients and are good at distilling technical information for a variety of roles
What do we offer?
- For this role, the compensation range is from $110k-$160k+ annually, based on a 40-hour workweek and leveling
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Unlimited PTO days (and we mean it)
- 11 paid company holidays
- Parental leave
- “Hybrid” work – the opportunity and the flexibility to work in the way that works best for you, whether that be in the office, remote, or a mix of the two
- A people-first culture with a relaxed environment. We like to say we treat people like adults here, meaning we trust your judgment and your ability.
- Dedicated professional development hours
- Monthly lunch and learns, in which you can share everything from more info about a favorite tech stack to general interest and hobbies
- WFH Stipend to help outfit your home office with everything you need to set yourself up for success.
- A paid-for trip to Amsterdam for our legendary annual company celebration, DEPT®Fest. A whole weekend of keynotes featuring an incredible lineup of speakers, not to mention evenings filled with amazing music, drinks, food, and the chance to mingle with coworkers from all over the world.
About DEPT®: DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
We are passionate about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and our decision to choose you is based on qualifications, merit, and business need. DEPT® (and any company that is a part of DEPT®) is committed to prohibiting the discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, national origin, religion, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or religious observance, please contact us at [email protected]
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture
Personalize your experience