DEPT®/Design & UX
Roles open in: Manchester
DEPT® is one of the world’s fastest growing agencies, with over 2,500 Depsters across the world. We are a pure-play digital agency, Lovies’ agency of the year, and last year our work was recognised with 16 Webby award nominations and 11 wins.
We are looking for a UI Designer to join our Manchester team to support in crafting outstanding digital designs and experiences for clients, as well as DEPT® itself.
Your time will be split 50:50 between our design and marketing teams. In addition to working on design projects for a range of high profile B2B and B2C clients, you will serve as DEPT® UK brand guardian, owning and producing all design work to support our marketing and new business activities across the UK.
Working as part of the design team, you will work collaboratively to support UX/UI Designers, Product Owners and Data Analysts to create amazing experiences, award-winning designs, and intuitive interfaces. As an extension of DEPT's global marketing and design team, you will ensure the optimum creative execution of marketing materials, from digital event visuals and longreads to social assets and sales pitches.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT®, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- Have at least 2-3 years’ design experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Can demonstrate solid understanding of layouts, grid systems and design best practices
- Are skilled in a range of design tools – particularly Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), but Sketch and Adobe XD would be advantageous
- Are passionate about staying up-to-date with the latest design trends
- Enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team as well as taking ownership of tasks
- Have impeccable attention to detail and strive for pixel perfection
- Are a skilled quality controller, advocating for consistent and cohesive brand identity
- Are hard-working, passionate and enthusiastic about design
- Are eager to learn with us and gain experience across the full client lifecycle from attracting new business to delivering against clients’ ambitions
- Experience and interest in print and motion design would be advantageous
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honoring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual DEPT® Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT® is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture