DEPT®/Design & UX
Senior UX Designer
Roles open in: Manchester
Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer / Researcher to join our Experience Design team in Manchester. Our Experience Design team is a mixed discipline of UX Specialists, Product Owners and Visual Designers. You will work collaboratively within the team to create amazing experiences that exceed client expectations for a variety of global, high-profile B2B and B2C brands.
The purpose of the Senior UX Designer/Researcher role is two-fold. Firstly, you will support projects in the early Discovery Phases by undertaking UX Research tasks such as Stakeholder Interviews, Usability Tests, Analytics Reviews and Workshops. Secondly, you will turn the insights you have found from your research into recommendations, producing wireframes and working collaboratively with Visual Designers to bring your ideas to life.
To be a success in this role, you’ll need to be proficient in UX Research and Design practices such as wireframing, usability testing and prototyping. You will produce and deliver reports that summarise your findings, and help clients to define how to measure their digital success with objectives and KPIs.
As this is a client-facing role, you will need to be comfortable dealing with people, and confident when communicating your research and ideas. The successful candidate would be expected to work collaboratively with senior client stakeholders and within the team, using their creativity and experience to find effective solutions to digital challenges.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT®, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- At least 4 years’ industry experience in a similar role.
- Ability to undertake UX Research tasks from Usability Testing to Stakeholder Interviews, and experience in producing reports based on your findings.
- Proficiency in wireframing tools such as Sketch and Axure,
- Ability to create storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Experience working within a Content Management System (CMS).
- Experience delivering client workshops, both in person and remotely.
- Strong remote working skills, including managing time and projects with great communication and delivering productive, engaging remote workshops with clients.
- You’re able to work alongside UI / Visual Designers to bring ideas to life, and are comfortable presenting your findings and recommendations.
- You’re up-to-date with the latest UX / UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- You have excellent attention to detail and strive for perfection.
- You enjoy working collaboratively within a team, using creativity and different viewpoints to find effective solutions to digital challenges.
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual DEPT® Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT® is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture