DEPT®/Design & UX
Senior Product Designer | Argentina
Roles open in: Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires
Senior Product Designer | Argentina
DEPT® Argentina is looking for designers who want to build great products, designers who bring to life authentic ideas that capture the audiences’ attention. We work within many different formats and social platforms, leveraging the latest tech and combining strategic thinking with design, illustration and motion to deliver innovative work.
We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has improved people's lives, been seen by millions of users, featured in the app stores, had books written about it, featured in the press, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users.
We believe that:
- Great UI/UX is critical; aesthetics, animation, simplicity, copy, and speed.
- Software quality is a top priority; usability testing, design reviews, best practices.
- Collaboration and great communication are the keys to any successful project.
- Success comes from constantly learning/evolving peer reviews, conferences and practice.
- A healthy work/life balance (aka getting home for dinner) is important.
Every day is different. People rarely get bored because things move fast and we work hard. Here are some of the activities that make up the day of designers:
- UX Research – You’ll do user and market research to understand target markets, direct and indirect competition.
- Usability Testing – You’ll test your designs with real people through usability testing to ensure that it really works for both our clients and their users.
- UI Design – You’ll design complex apps that are making a material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users.
- Design Sprinting
- Member of Agile Team – You’ll be a part of agile software development practices and peer/UI reviews.
- Talking with Clients – You’ll interface with clients. We estimate about 80% hands-on design and 20% client interaction.
- Peer Review – Both learn new things from other DEPTsters as well as improve how we do things
- You have multiple years experience designing software user interfaces used by lots of people.
- You have multiple years experience with design tools like Sketch, Invision, Figma, etc.
- You’re a natural problem-solver, a self-starter, and willing to take initiative.
- You enjoy talking to clients and are good distilling technical information for a variety of roles within a business.
- You have some business experience and understand multiple types of business models.
- You have opinions about what makes a well-designed product
Are you a UI or UX Designer?
Another thing we believe is that designers don’t distinguish between UI and UX. We expect our designers to execute on both the user interface level as well as the user experience level. They are inextricably linked. You don’t focus on one over the other. If you’ve been focused on one your whole career you’re likely not a fit for us. If you naturally find yourself doing both, talk to us!
Good Traits to Have
- No ego – You realize design is about solving human and psychological problems, not solving artistic aspirations.
- Business-minded – You understand that great design solves for the business as well as the user.
- Articulate – You can communicate ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Entrepreneurial – You like designing and building cool and new things.
- Self-aware – You recognize your own strengths and weaknesses in real-time and can adjust accordingly.
- We offer 100% remote opportunities, our colleagues are in more than 15 cities in Argentina alone, as well as all over the globe!
- A new Macbook Pro
- A flexible vacation policy to rest and take care of yourself as often as needed
- Career development plans to enhance your skills and experience
- English classes and Lunch & Learns about the great projects we have worked on
- The opportunity to meet once a year in Amsterdam (should the pandemic allow)
- Fun and challenging projects for the best (international) brands like Mauritshuis, Flos, Inter Milan, de Bijenkorf and Gant
- The best people in the industry as your colleagues!
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture