Mobile Developer Assignment
Thank you for applying! This assignment is to get a feel for the level you’re at as a developer. It is not necessarily a test, as it is something for us to discuss with you during your interview more in-depth. This way you get a chance to prove to us your skillset and for us to place you at the right level with the right people.
For the Mobile Assignment, we’d like to ask you to build a Chess Clock app. In Chess, especially in high-speed games, opponents use a clock to speed things up and compete on a higher level. In essence, this is what the app should help the players with.
Chess clocks are used throughout multiple forms of Chess, so please be aware that this clock needs to conform to at least one of these forms.
Furthermore, we have some minimum requirements for you to consider:
- You don’t need to submit or publish it in the App or PlayStore, but when we check out your Git repository, the app should build without any additional configurations (unless specified in an additional README.md file).
- Two clocks for both players visually displayed on the screen.
- Set the amount of time based on how long both players want to play the game.
- Starting the game will keep track of both users’ times played.
- Make sure that by a simple tab on the screen one player’s clock is stopped and the
other’s has started
- Create start, pause and reset option that applies on both clocks to manage gameplay.
- If time permits, change the clock ruleset based on the different forms of clock based chess-play.
Let us know if you have any questions at [email protected]!