Senior Frontend Developer
For our Amsterdam office, we are looking for a Senior Front-End developer who, through years of experience with front-end development, knows what works, and what works very well. Someone that can successfully transform the dream design of our clients into a well-functioning platform.
As a Senior Front-End developer, you apply the knowledge you have previously gained in creating groundbreaking solutions for our customers. You are able to explain your technical vision in a comprehensible language which both your team and the client will effortlessly understand. Our junior, medior and senior developers see you as both their mentor and coach. With this role, we give you the freedom needed to improve Dept according to your best insight and trust that you’ll take advantage of that opportunity. Moreover, you will manage a variety of global digital projects for high profile B2B and B2C brands. You will ensure that mobile-first, cross-browser compatible, high performing websites are built and strive to look for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace. Finally, you’ll guarantee that the client Technical Wiki’s are kept up to date and you will continuously strive to improve your craft.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
- Have more than 4 years of relevant work experience, including office experience;
- Think and work at HBO/University of Applied Science (higher professional education) level or higher;
- Have an extreme attention for detail and strive for perfection;
- Are proficient with HTML and CSS and are comfortable writing JS or jQuery;
- Are a SASS expert and have experience with a CSS method, such as BEM;
- Know tools such as Git, NPM, Gulp and unit testing;
- Are able to translate creative ideas and mockups into interactive prototypes;
- Are familiar with API architecture;
- Can tell us everything about the latest developments within front-end development;
- Looks beyond your own field of expertise and therefore makes a clear mark on every end product.
- Are one of those ambitious people who can switch from serious to play in a heartbeat.
- An open culture;
- Develop yourself at one of the fastest growing digital agencies in Europe, from our beautiful office in Amsterdam/central Rotterdam;
- An exciting job with enough possibilities for personal development;
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
- Healthy and tasty food;
- Bootcamp training;
- Friday drinks/open bar;
- Legendary team outings;
- An excellent salary based on experience;
- Great fringe benefits: think laptop, mobile, a NS Business-Card and all that stuff;
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international digital agency of over a 1,000 experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.