We are looking for an all-round Legal Counsel with a track record in M&A and an international profile to support us with our global expansion.
Dept is a fast-growing international digital agency. Part of that growth comes from acquisitions in Europe and the USA. And with that growth, we also continuously strengthen our corporate & legal structure, while keeping tight control over various contractual matters and compliance in general.
We are looking for a counsel that is all-round and can work within these areas:
- M&A (due diligence, structuring, contracting, financing)
- Corporate governance and legal (re)structuring
- Contract management with key accounts and suppliers
- Internal compliance with eg. labour law and GDPR
- Have completed a university degree in (international) law;
- Are all-round knowledgeable and experienced as an inhouse Legal Counsel;
- Have a minimum of 5 years of working experience, with a proven track record in international M&A deals;
- Are willing to travel very frequently and are fluent in (legal) English;
- Have strong negotiating skills and can manage our extensive network of external legal counsels in over ten countries efficiently;
- Are open to work 32 hours a week preferably;
- Tackle things proactively with a solution-oriented and commercial mindset to structure our corporate backbone as we grow. You are good in building bridges and finding compromises;
- Can perform under pressure and deadlines, with a strong filter for priorities. You don’t mind hard work and long hours that are sometimes needed;
- Keep our legal and corporate housekeeping tidy and are super hands on in getting things done as a team player.
- Dynamic and international environment in which you are the legal expert in managing our growth;
- Direct reporting line to one of the MDs ensuring a key position in all M&A and legal activities;
- Infrastructure to excel at work, with great office facilities and tools to work with;
- Flexibility in working hours and locations in Europe;
- Competitive financial compensation.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept – an international digital agency of a thousand experienced thinkers and makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent and accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.