Legal and Contracts Officer
We are looking for a smart, well-organized and highly motivated in-house Legal and Contracts Officer to support our General Counsel (based in Amsterdam) in connection with contract negotiation, contract management and data privacy initiatives.
For this role, we are looking for someone with a fluent level of Dutch and English language. Please note that this is essential.
Dept is a fast-growing international digital agency. Part of that growth comes from acquisitions in Europe and the USA. With that growth, we also look to continuously strengthen our corporate & legal structure, while keeping tight control over various contractual matters and compliance in general.
Key focus of this role:
Legal matters – Broad scope
External Relations, Partnerships and Resource Mobilisation
Based in Amsterdam, you will work on a wide range of procurement and legal matters, with a particular focus on drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts with suppliers and clients. Using a hands-on and practical approach, you primarily support the business in getting the best deal we can get with suppliers and the most favourable terms for business teams in delivering their services to the market. Such contract tasks have a focus on screening and negotiating various (technology) agreements, including master service agreements, software license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, clients’ terms and conditions and supporting corporate and commercial transactions, monitoring the execution and handling client and supplier disputes. In addition to this, you will participate in and contribute to the company’s compliance with foreign and domestic data protection laws such as GDPR. You report to the General Counsel and ultimately to the COO.
We are a young company, with a lot of bright minds who work passionately for a wide range of clients every day, such as bol.com, Netflix, Chocomel, Eneco, Converse, KLM and many others. We enjoy working with talented experts, but are also looking for the perfect Dept-fit; Someone who does not shy away from learning, inspiring and striving for a better world; Someone who looks ahead, dares to take the stage, and will cheers with us on Friday afternoon to a successful week.
- Have 3 to 4 years relevant (legal) experience;
- Have a Master’s degree, or equivalent qualification, in law, including advanced studies specialising in contract law, or supplemented by at least four years’ work experience in a public administration, international organisation, business or a specialised law firm;
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and legal English (and German as a plus);
- Have demonstrable experience with negotiating, drafting and executing commercial contracts, including supplier customer T&Cs, software licensing, supplier SLAs, partner agreements, general procurement etc;
- Take a diplomatic approach to relationship management and engaging with stakeholders;
- Have proven deal-making skills in both buying and selling situations;
- Are naturally commercially minded and resulted oriented; you will always go the extra mile to get the ultimate deal for Dept;
- Have secretarial and business governance experience to keep the legal housekeeping always up to date and well-organised;
- Thrive on working in a fast moving, international and dynamic environment;
- Have excellent attention to detail and able to process a variety of things at the same time;
- Possess the ability to work towards strict deadlines and manage those proactively;
- Bring energy and drive to the team, with a hands-on and practical approach;
- Have strong interpersonal skills, are self-motivated and proactive in supporting the business where possible.
- An open culture;
- The opportunity to do what you are good at and want to become good at;
- Training and development opportunities;
- A good salary with excellent fringe benefits;
- An NS-Business Card;
- Tasty and healthy food;
- A dazzling Vrijmibo and legendary team outings*;
- A boot camp that costs nothing;
- A laptop and a telephone.
*Please note that during COVID-19, we are abiding by government restrictions in place relating to social distancing and gatherings. Hence, at this stage, in-person events and gatherings will not take place. We look forward to being able to start these again at some point in the future. In the meantime, we are still finding creative ways to still celebrate, connect and enjoy with our team remotely.
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international agency with the most experienced thinkers & doers. One agency where creativity, technology and data come together. We help reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and organizations need.
No Recruitment Agency Acquisition.