G/L Accountant (Temporary 6 months maternity leave cover)
For our office in Rotterdam, we are looking for an experienced G/L Accountant who wants to work at one of the fastest-growing digital agencies in Europe. Please note: This role is a temporary position for 6 months only, as a maternity leave cover.
As a G/L Accountant at Dept, you contribute to the accounting transaction preparation, analysis thereof and reconciliation processes of various business teams. Together with your team you are responsible for correct and timely monthly/annual closing of various companies abroad. You are involved in various projects like the implementation of new financial systems or the integration of acquisitions. You are no stranger to the financial and accounting reviews as much as credit collections.
In addition, you assist in in investigating intercompany differences and help to prepare documentation for the annual audit. In this role you feel comfortable to prepare proactive analyses and you interact with both internal and external stakeholders. You directly contribute to the mission of Dept with reports that matter.
We are a young company and the best minds work every day for a wide range of customers, such as Bol.com, NS, ABN AMRO, Eneco, Netflix and Philips. Yes, we are eager to bring on board the most talented experts in the game. But we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn and strives towards a better world, takes the stage, is a futurist at heart, and someone who is down to participate in curling activities once in a while. Ultimately, we are looking for a unique individual who is able to strengthen our collective. We strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Are available for the full 6 month period; starting January to end June/early July 2021.
- Have a completed HBO or WO degree;
- Have at least 3-4 years of experience in a similar position or consulting;
- Have experience with day-to-day accounting tasks such as bank transaction processing and reconciliation, purchase invoice processing and reconciliation, payment batch preparation and more;
- Are able to assist in closing the books activities;
- Understands financial administration;
- Have experience with accounting programs;
- Have strong analytical and communication skills and is stress-resistant;
- Are proactive, independent, but also an enthusiastic team player;
- Are a star with Excel;
- Speaks and writes English fluently, other fluent languages (Dutch or German) are a plus.
- An open culture;
- The opportunity to do what you are good at and want to become good at;
- Training and development opportunities;
- A good salary with excellent fringe benefits;
- An NS-Business Card;
- Tasty and healthy food;
- A dazzling Vrijmibo and legendary team outings*;
- A boot camp that costs nothing;
- A laptop and a telephone.
*Please note that during COVID-19, we are abiding by government restrictions in place relating to social distancing and gatherings. Hence, at this stage, in-person events and gatherings will not take place. We look forward to being able to start these again at some point in the future. In the meantime, we are still finding creative ways to still celebrate, connect and enjoy with our team remotely.
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are Dept – an international agency with the most experienced thinkers & doers. One agency where creativity, technology and data come together. We help reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and organizations need.
No Recruitment Agency Acquisition.