Data and Analytics Engineer | Argentina
DEPT is growing fast and we're looking for folks that want to work with peers and clients that enjoy and build great products together.
We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has improved people's lives, been seen by millions of users, featured in the app stores, had books written about it, featured in the press, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users.
For Raybeam | part of DEPT we’re looking for a software engineer that happens to be passionate about data and the insights that can be gained from it. This person enjoys taking raw data and turning it into valuable analytics that can be used to improve a user’s or client’s experience. And not just once, building the underlying systems that allow other people to find, process and use data is a big part of this job. The Data and Analytics engineer will work with other engineers and analysts to design, build and deploy complex data pipelines. In addition, this person may be called on to redesign and optimize current data systems.
What will your day be like?
● Create and maintain data pipelines through multiple systems (e.g. file storage, data warehouses, visualization tools, etc)
● Identify and implement improvements to existing pipelines, typically through automation or optimization
● Work with other engineers and analysts to define and deploy new metrics
● Support users of the data system in a variety of ways, including reading or generating reports, understanding metrics and/or fixing and backfilling data pipelines
● Defining and documenting the system from raw data to reporting analytics.
● Advanced SQL for working with data warehouses and databases
● Experience with AWS and GCP clouds and underlying data technologies within those clouds
● Experience with Python and maintaining data pipelines written in Python and SQL
● Solid understanding of how to support data pipelines from documentation to testing to deployment
Experience with some or all of the following:
● Tools: Spark, Hadoop, etc
● Warehouses: Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery
● Languages: Python, SQL
● Blob storage: S3, GCS, etc
● Orchestration: Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban, etc
WHO ARE WE?
Hi, we are DEPT – an international digital agency of over 2,000 experienced thinkers & makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. Helping reinvent & accelerate your digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need.
Data Science | Argentina
Rocket Insights ARG
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Data Science seeking to work with our clients to shape business and data strategy. You are highly analytical and excited about applying a quantitative framework to business problems through performing complex analysis, data mining, predictive modeling, business forecasting, applied statistics, and more. You are comfortable with presenting your approach to Product Manager, Engineers, Marketing, Sales, Finance and working with them to execute a data-driven business process. We pride ourselves on our pragmatic, engineering approach to making data work for the business.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Build scalable data-driven processes to achieve business outcomes
- A vision for ingraining analytics into an organization’s decision making process
- Experience in design-and-build innovative data solutions, from discovery to delivery for clients and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage a data ecosystem including ETL, data governance, reporting and insights
- Ability to take a project from RFP/SOW/BRD to delivery: project management, requirements gathering, data architecture, workflow management, quality assurance, reporting and visualization, presentation
- 4+ years of experience in Data Science
- 4+ years of discovery and assessment of a client’s data portfolio, data tools, and data applications
- 2+ years of data management and consulting experience
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure to use/deploy analytics solutions
- Strong working knowledge of SQL. NoSQL is a plus
- Proficient in at least one or more languages for applied to statistics, data analysis, and machine learning – Python, R, Matlab, SPSS
- Strong written communication and presentation
Who are we?
Raybeam, Inc. (Part of DEPT) is a software engineering and consulting company focused on strategic consulting, business intelligence, and online/database marketing for the past fifteen years. We have offices near Boston and San Francisco for this position we are building our team in Argentina. We support a strong list of clients including Google, Facebook, Microsoft, eBay, Disney, One Kings Lane, Beachbody and Hilton Worldwide.
What do we do?
We provide technology solutions by architecting and developing enterprise systems using a variety of programming languages, tools and platforms. This can range from building data warehouses, to web applications to implementing reporting platforms. We work in small teams, own the projects that we work on, and have direct input into the business decisions of our clients.
Personalize your experience