We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our Boston office to help ensure that the company’s accounts and operational procedures remain compliant, effective and efficient.
As Financial Controller you will be responsible for developing and managing all aspects of the finances for Dept US. You will create financial models and undertake commercial analysis to support business decisions, as well as managing the annual budgeting process across all departments and finalise with the CEO & Senior Management Team.
You will ensure best practice controls and accurate data are available to support the management team in performance analysis, forecasting and planning. You will also prepare the monthly reports, providing analysis and insightful commentary to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts. Your responsibilities will include managing the annual audit process in the US, and all US tax requirements.
At the heart of the company is the services it provides so you will receive huge exposure to a professional services company operating in an exciting and dynamic environment. Yes, we are eager to hire the most talented experts in the game, but we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, a futurist at heart, and someone who will toast to a successful week with us.
• Approx. 3-5 years’ experience as a Financial Controller or related role.
• Extensive experienced gained within a professional services agency;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Strong attention to detail, highly organised, with the ability to problem solve;
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Well-developed understanding of how the business works both commercially and financially to provide insightful information and be confident to take part of the business decision making process;
• Advanced Excel and modelling skills.
• Carry an awareness and understating of deadlines and be willing to step-up when times are busy;
• Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
• Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
• Yearly trip to the Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!;
• Yearly bonus scheme, training budget, 401k scheme, health and dental care;
• Friday drinks;
• An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious about who we are? Watch the video here.