DEPT®/People & Culture
Director of People and Culture – US Remote
Roles open in: Boston, Denver, San Diego
Director of People and Culture – US Remote
At DEPT®, we live and breathe our ‘big enough to cope, small enough to care’ culture: combining size and scale to work with any brand in the world. As a B Corp certified company, it is our mission to have a positive impact on not just our people and our clients, but on society as a whole.
We are looking for a Director of People & Culture for DEPT® Digital Products, reporting directly to the Regional Head of People & Culture for the Americas.
As the Director of People & Culture for DEPT® Digital Products, you will work to create a best-in-class employee experience while ensuring delivery on key regional objectives while partnering closely with the DEPT® Digital Products leadership team to help elevate our employee experience.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Collaborate with our leadership team in efforts to maintain our low attrition rate. Determine what works in the existing culture and how we might support new or existing programs to keep our talent retention high.
- Partner with the Learning & Development team, the regional P&C team and leadership to create a learning & development program with an emphasis on management training.
- Assist in executing a unified and consistent process for identifying key talent inside DEPT®, in partnership with other People teams, to ensure that we motivate, grow and retain the best talent.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to create strategies and processes to support the Talent acquisition team in attracting top tier talent.
- Help support our broader diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Strengthen the performance management process to enable us to have candid conversations with our employees about their performance, compensation, career development, and how they are measured.
- Partner with the People Operations team to review employee surveys; recommend ways to improve consistency and a plan for holding leadership accountable for improvements, where applicable
- Continue to strengthen people data reporting to understand, improve, and optimize the people side of the business; maintain data integrity in all people-related technologies for our employees.
- Serve as main P&C contact for employees with timely/high empathy support for employee questions and concerns.
- Handle employee relations issues as they arise.
A bit about yourself:
- 7 – 10 years of experience in Talent/HR
- You know the “right” answers but are willing to experiment
- You’re comfortable starting a new initiative without all the answers but use data to measure results
- You anticipate questions, sweat the details and have high empathy
- Strong experience with talent management and handling employee relations with the utmost care and discretion
- Solid understanding and knowledge of employment law, both state and federal, including but not limited to: ADAAA, FMLA, EEO, FLSA
- Experience working in a digital, advertising or media agency, media owner, or consulting practice would be beneficial
- Experience working in a global environment with remote/matrix teams.
- Data-driven decision-maker with a high degree of empathy, executive presence, and a persuasive style
- Experience driving and implementing change, and an innovative mindset.
- Strategic thinker with strong financial acumen
- Experience developing talent at all levels that produced positive business results
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to travel, as required
We are passionate about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and our decision to choose you is based on qualifications, merit, and business need. DEPT® (and any company that is a part of DEPT®) is committed to prohibiting the discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, national origin, religion, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or religious observance, please contact us at [email protected]
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture
Personalize your experience