Office Manager | Mar Del Plata
Roles open in: Mar del Plata
Office Manager | Mar Del Plata
Hey Mar del Plata! We are DEPT® and we are looking for You: an awesome Office Manager to be the first face that our visitors and employees will see in our Castle!
The right personality fit is more important for this role than prior experience. The ideal candidate
is someone who is very concerned about accuracy and sweats the details. The ideal candidate is known for having great taste, and is a warm, witty personality that people gravitate towards. This is the perfect opportunity for someone pursuing a career in the arts but needs a stable, cool “day job”.
We don’t need someone sitting behind a reception desk all day, we need a “company concierge” that can switch from managing our desk reservation system, buying the right fresh cut flowers and being there when we organize events and talks in our Mar del Plata office.
We believe that:
- A healthy work/life balance (aka getting home for dinner) is important.
- Collaboration and great communication are the keys to any successful project.
- Success comes from constantly learning/evolving peer reviews, conferences and practice.
- The quality of our software is of top priority; our project managers help ensure that processes are in place for testing and release, and stay up to date on best practices.
What will your day be like?
At DEPT® every day is different. People rarely get bored because things move fast and we work hard. Ultimately, you will be responsible for managing our Mar del Plata office. While your time is your own to manage, we would expect you to be at the office in person.
You will “own” the office, and will be responsible for making sure the physical space looks great, is running well and our employees get the help they need. You will manage our desk & conference room system, manage key access, office equipment and be the primary interface with facility vendors and keep our offices humming.
Here are some of the activities that make up the day of a DEPT® Office Manager:
- Make sure the office is well designed, tidy & organized.
- You will be responsible for communicating with other office managers based in the US and the Netherlands and share processes, ideas and best practices.
- You will be active in company Slack channels, answering questions & keeping people excited for office events.
- Work with the team to find & stock the right snacks & drinks, stationary and office equipment.
- You will help in the onboarding process of new hires and be responsible for shipping computers and welcome kits.
- You will be responsible for receiving, prioritizing and sorting employee requests and working together with the HR and Marketing team to process them.
- Organize a collection of vendors we can call on when needed (architects, gardener, plumber, electrician, construction etc).
- You will be the hub of communication for all employees in our office.
- You will develop and maintain office budgets, do all purchasing.
- You will do light project management when we have the occasional in-person or online meet-ups and company events.
- Together with HR you will be responsible for sending gifts to our employees for special occasions and celebrations (birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, etc.).
- You have an eye for interior design and like to think about how to make our office spaces inviting and welcoming.
- You are a warm personality that is positive & upbeat with a good sense of humor.
- You have a yes attitude and can figure things out with limited hand-holding.
- You love to plan but don’t mind getting thrown a curveball.
- You’re able & willing to come to the Mar del Plata office every day.
- You have intermediate speaking English skills.
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture