Data Engineer - BERLIN
Roles open in: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Berlin, Cologne, London, Dublin, Hamburg
Data Engineer - BERLIN
For a large and exciting client in the automotive industry, who’s working on re-shaping urban mobility as we know it, we are looking for Data Engineer*.
Dept is reworking the clients’ entire data strategy, to ensure data has maximum impact on this mission. Next to the strategy, that includes the entire data, analytics, and AI execution/implementation in a joint team with our client. We’re looking to take insights and the end customer experience to a whole new level.
- Build data solutions according to cloud computing best-practices
- Consult on technical topics both internally and at clients
- Scope, sell and execute the implementation of elegant big data solutions
- Work closely with our business consultants and project managers to shape projects which are feasible in time and budget
- Embrace agile methodology, think iteratively and propose workable steps on the way to the final setup
- Besides client work, you support the development of internal projects and re-structure code for repeated and speedy deployment
- Share your knowledge within our team and exchange with other data engineering teams within Dept-wide
- Explain the what and why of cloud-based solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Berlin office or remote in Germany
- Remote from UK, Ireland, Netherlands, France, Croatia or Macedonia
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in programming and general system administration
- Solid, hands-on developing skill in Python and SQL
- Hands-on experience with cloud databases, such as R.B. Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Synapse Analytics
- Are proficient in setting up infrastructure with at least one major cloud computing provider, such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of the open source data stack is appreciated
- BONUS: Linux administration knowledge is a plus
- Know how to structure and refactor projects, apply concepts of clean code, adapt to different programming patterns
- Make good use of Git and integrated dev environments
- Enjoy explaining technical details to a less technical audience
- Like working in a cross-functional team and helping out with technical expertise
- Are fluent in English (C1 or higher); good command of German is a big plus
- BONUS: Marketing experience as well German language skills would be big pluses
- Work together with data architects, business analysts and data scientists who are all passionate and excel in their domain
- Develop a pragmatic consultant’s way of running projects with focus on outcome and business value
- See your efforts turn into solutions which really make a difference
- Get in touch with clients from different industries working on varying business problems related to e-commerce and online marketing
- Work with all major cloud computing providers and encounter a variety of different setups and technical challenges
- A strong and motivated team as well as numerous get-togethers and events, such as Team Lunch, Dept Festival, Dept Snowfest
- A modern Office in Berlin Friedrichshain as well as flexible working hours, home office and various working time models
- Remote Policy so you have some variety to yourself in the current times
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
* We are happy about human beings of any gender.
Be part of our digital future
We may be spread across the world, but we all work together as one team. Inspiring each other, collaborating, innovating, and creating together.Explore our culture