Senior Fullstack Software Engineer (2073)
Devetry – US
👋 Hi, we’re Devetry (part of Dept) — experts in everything software. We are passionate about simplifying the complex world of software and like to have fun while doing it. We are currently looking for senior software engineers to join our global team.
Here’s Why You Might Enjoy Working at Devetry
- We are passionate about mission-driven work so you can feel good about the contributions you make.
- Exposure to a variety of technologies and industries so you can continue to learn.
- The opportunity to mentor individuals, share your knowledge, and be a part of a dynamic team.
- More time for the things you care about, whether it’s your family, a long-lost hobby, or travel.
- Drive your own career path, whether it’s management—or not. We have a parallel staff engineering route for those that want to continue honing their craft.
How We Back it Up
Devetry partners with clients in education, energy, healthcare, and life sciences. We, along with our parent company, DEPT®, are a Climate Neutral Certified company. Next year, we expect to become a Certified B Corp, which balances purpose and profit.
At any given time, there are as many as 15 programming languages in use across projects. We work on startup MVPs, Fortune 500 enterprise applications, and government open-source projects. If you have a desire to contribute to a particular project, it’s always an open conversation.
We’re one of Denver’s “Best Places to Work two years in a row. We believe this is because we recognize employees as whole people. We'll meet you where you're at, and strive to give you an opportunity to flourish. You'll be looked to as a leader to our junior developers, and it will be your responsibility to build them up.
As far as work-life balance, we have a simple philosophy: You have a meaningful life outside of work, and we’re here to support that—not the other way around.
We want our team members to be here for the long haul, and to do that, we support their career goals. Whether you see yourself managing people, solving complex technology challenges, or something else, we’d love to help you get there.
What We’re Looking For
Collaborate with the team and our clients – Have a strong desire to work alongside and help lead your fellow humans to deliver innovative solutions for our clients. Everything we do is based around collaboration: with the Devetry team, with our client’s teams, and with our community.
Contribute quality code – Care about writing quality code that will be a joy to maintain for years to come. We pride ourselves on leaving a codebase better than we found it. As consultants, we may not be the ones maintaining the code in the future, but someone will be, and we want that person to have a good time. Have knowledge and experience in backend technology like Node/Express, Ruby on Rails, Python/Flask/Django, etc., as well as an understanding of how to leverage source control tools (like git). Have knowledge and experience with front-end frameworks like Angular, React, and Vue.
Write tests – Not because you have to, but because you want to. A great test suite means we can all trust in the quality of what we’re delivering.
Learn new things – Being a software consultant is all about diving into new problems and figuring them out. Have a desire to figure out new problems and learn new technologies all the time, often within an agile software environment. Have a desire to take initiative.
Communicate – Software engineering in any organization is about effectively communicating goals, plans, and challenges, and that’s even more the case for consultants. Have a strong desire and ability to communicate with our team and our client’s team. Enjoy distilling technical information for a variety of roles within a business.
Compensation & Benefits
- For this role, the compensation range is from $123-150k annually, based on a 40-hour workweek.
- Healthcare, Dental & Vision coverage
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Unlimited PTO days (and we mean it)
- 11 paid company holidays
- Sick days
- Maternity and paternity leave
- “Hybrid” work – the opportunity and the flexibility to work in the way that works best for you, whether that be in the office, remote, or a mix of the two.
- People-first culture with a relaxed environment
- Dedicated professional development hours
- Monthly lunch + learns (we’ll buy you lunch)
- Health & wellness reimbursement
- WFH stipend
- Annual trip to Amsterdam
This past year has been crazy. If you have a gap in your resume, for whatever reason, we get it, we won’t hold it against you and encourage you to apply anyways.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please fill out the form below. If it seems like a good fit, we’ll start the process with a 15-minute introduction call.
Personalize your experience