Visual Designer (Mid-Level)
Byte New York
JOIN OUR MISSION 🚀 | BYTE MISSION CONTROL
A BIT ABOUT US…
Byte is a marketing technology agency based in London, New York and Berlin on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We bring together data, technology, content, and paid media to drive revenue for brands. Our clients include Spotify, ASOS, Twitch, Google, Savage X Fenty, J&J and more. Since being founded in 2014, Byte has grown to more than 150 brilliant people.
Byte is part of Dept, a leading digital agency with 27 offices in 13 countries around the world.
- Digital Strategy
- Creative idea generation
- Digital content production
- Dynamic creative and assets at scale
- Chatbot design & build
- AR lenses
- Automated digital products
- R&D emerging technologies
- MarTech consultancy
- Paid media strategy
- Biddable media planning & buying
- Automation of processes
- Data analytics & insights
Designers at Byte bring to life authentic ideas that capture audiences’ attention. They work within many different formats and social platforms, leveraging the latest tech. They combine strategic thinking with design, illustration and motion design to deliver innovative work. We are looking for creative thinkers who can help shape creative ideas as well as turn them into realities.
Our office in New York needs a Mid-level Visual Designer to join our team of 20 creatives to help us tackle our exciting client work. The team is made up of art directors, graphic designers, illustrators, animators (2D + 3D), and video editors, which means each creative brings something different to every project.
This Mid-level Visual Designer role would help execute a wide variety of work we do across our accounts and work with the rest of the design team to execute daily social and campaign tasks.
This role is fast paced, varied and constantly evolving.
- Work with the design and creative planning teams to bring work to fruition
- Work with many different formats and platforms to create global campaigns
- Be involved in creative production – Taking the creative from start to finish with the team
- Be invested in creative idea development and campaign look and feel
- Communicate often and clearly with your team and your manager
- Time manage yourself and your projects
- Be aware of and respond to current design and culture
- Present work internally and externally
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years relevant experience
- A portfolio including graphic design
- Understanding of graphic design foundations e.g. typography, layout design, grids
- Understanding of form and shape and how illustration, photography and graphic design can work together within a layout
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced problem solving skills & utilizing your available resources
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent deck design skills
- Experience presenting your work
- Ability to remain focused under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
- A love for learning new things and exploring new formats
Nice to have:
- 2D Animation skills
- Illustration background
- Interest in 3D or experience with 3D programs
HEALTH, WELLBEING & BENEFITS
As the business has grown, we have and will continue to evolve the benefits that we offer to our people.
Here is a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect:
- 20 vacation days, 5 personal/sick days plus 11 observed public holidays and your birthday off each year
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- FSA and HSA benefits
- 401(k) plus company matching
- Commuter benefit program
- Flexible working*
- Support from mental health first aiders
- Events scheduled throughout the year to promote health & wellbeing
- A ton of training and development opportunities
*The COVID-19 pandemic has seen nearly everybody move to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do this year. Our approach is reviewed and adapted in line with the changing restrictions. When it’s safe to return to the office our flexible working approach may include a combination of office and remote working.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Diversity, Equal Opportunity & Inclusion (DEI) are hugely important to us. Our DEI commitments sit at the core of our business and are part of our culture. We’ve always held the belief that being a progressive and innovative business necessitates a diverse team with an inclusive attitude – one cannot exist without the other.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, nurture and retain the most talented people from a range of diverse backgrounds, skills and perspectives. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability.
Personalize your experience