Senior PHP developer
We are Dept, one of Europe’s biggest and fastest growing digital agencies, we work on digital project for many many house-hold names. We think that you will probably like our work.. go check it out.
As a PHP developer working with our Irish team (Dublin office, with longer term plans for flexible / hybrid working), you’ll build some truly cutting edge digital experiences for our clients. Generally speaking, we only work on very large pieces, so you’ll get to dive deep into large enterprise projects, working in small Agile teams.
What’s important to us is culture, it's something we value very highly from both a local and global perspective. We want people who are happy to be here and we try our best to facilitate a positive working environment through all sorts of formal and informal initiatives.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 3+ years of commercial PHP development experience
- Well versed in OO development, design patterns, OO principles etc. We know PHP can be cut up, hacked and held together, we prefer well structured, maintainable, testable code!!
- Our go to framework is Laravel, there’s a lot of it here. Of course if your a Laravel expert that would be awesome but it doesn’t really matter – if you’ve been using Symfony, Zend etc. and are very open to using Laravel, that’s totally cool.
- We use Git and JIRA for keeping things organized, an appreciation of these is desired.
- So we are a digital agency and from time to time you will need to explain a problem and hopefully a solution to a client, you don’t need to be a salesman but just some ability to have a chat with a client so they understand a problem and what can be done to fix it.
- We have a Devops team that use all the modern tools and tech around containers and cloud etc. If you’ve some experience here that would be great.
- On the front end we use a lot of Vuejs and Reactjs – again if you have some experience here its nice but definitely not essential.
- We build a lot of CMS systems and are moving into modern approaches and architectures. If you have worked on or even have an understanding of a headless CMS that would be great!
- An open culture
- Surrounded by the best digital and development minds in Ireland
- Opportunities for advancement and technical project ownership
- Develop yourself at one of the fastest growing digital agencies in Europe
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further
- Team building sessions, pre/post-covid away-days, charitable activities, and meals out
- Our annual company festival weekend in Amsterdam
- Beautiful office in Dublin (flexibility around remote working)
- Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, two thousand+ of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier.
Dept is built on a diverse mix of personalities. Working together, testing ourselves, getting better every day. Working at Dept is about giving you the space to do what you're good at, and giving you the room to get ever better. Dept loves people that take responsibility, not orders. We nurture raw talent, support each other and coach you to be the best you can be.
But enough about us. Get in touch, send some samples of your best work and tell us about yourself!
An assessment may be part of the application procedure.