New Business Consultant
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
We're hiring a Business Development Consultant for our Manchester Office. The BDC is a key role in enabling Dept to achieve its ambition in the future development within the Technology Design and Build industry with Adobe Experience/Campaign Manager. As BDC, you will be responsible for driving the acquisition of new clients through your own leads, contacts and other business opportunities. In the role, you will be responsible for selling the Design and Build proposition to prospects both inside the Dept network or outside by collaborating with our technology partners. Together with the Managing Director you will represent the business as a whole and therefore it is important that your work attitude is aligned with our core principles at all times. You will be consultative in your approach, conducting your role with integrity and humility.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• In close collaboration with the Managing Director you will develop strategies and plans to identify, develop and close new business opportunities
• Drive new business development in the UK, ensuring that sales targets are met and exceeded
• Be creative in sourcing and developing new business opportunities
• Manage a consistent pipeline of new and progressive opportunities, of a size and quality to achieve the set sales target
• Create pitches for clients, develop the insights to win the business and work with the MD to finalize and deliver pitches
• Build up a solid understanding of prospective customers' needs and challenges, ensuring you are well prepared to align our services to their needs
• Once prospects turn into clients you will drive a proactive approach to work with clients in identifying new opportunities to grow our share of services
• Maintain a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of industry (competitors’ and clients’) activities
• Influence prospect decision making in a manner which educates the customer and builds up their trust in our expertise
• Develop C-level relationships with potential customers
• Manage and develop a stakeholder network within the client organization that goes beyond your initial point of contact in the longer term
• Once prospects sign up you will work collaboratively with our Delivery Team in the on-boarding and hand over of new clients to guarantee a seamless transition.
WHAT WE NEED
• Up to 5 years of a strong commercial track record with demonstrable success at securing new business and increasing client revenues
• Passion for technology design and build / CMS and the opportunities it offers to brands – selling this in a way which will enthuse and excite the customer
• Previous agency experience in business development and / or client services roles is essential
• Previous experience working with customer experience platform, ideally Adobe Campaign/Experience Manager
• Evidence of consistently making good sales decisions, which have resulted in closing fruitful business deals of considerable size
• A consistent and data driven sales approach, qualify and close at every stage of the sales process to help enforce a successful sales pipeline
• Experience in software design and build / CMS and how this can solve some of today’s and future biggest challenges
• Problem solving skills; able to think on your feet, challenging the norm and allowing you to give relevant and personalized solutions to customers based on your knowledge and experience when put on the spot
• Strong presentation and pitch skills combined with enthusiasm for CMS and your flair to close successful pitches at senior stakeholder level.
• Determination, you are the type of person who is stubborn and will chase opportunities especially when faced with objections.
• Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further;
• Great fringe benefits, think laptop, travel expenses covered and all that stuff;
• Site launch lunches – a great way to celebrate a go-live with the team who made it happen and Dept picks up the tab;
• Quarterly social budget;
• Yearly trip to Dept Festival in the Netherlands – a chance to meet other people within the other Dept agencies, see great talks from industry leaders and a great weekend of fun!
• Yearly bonus scheme;
• An excellent salary based on experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier. We work hard, but we also play hard. Curious how our workplace looks like? Watch the video here.