Junior to Mid level Python/PHP web developer
For our Dublin office, we are looking for a Junior to Mid Python/PHP Developer who has been involved in a lot of amazing projects and knows how to help a client achieve their goals.
As a Developer, you know that there is often more than one solution to a problem. With your expertise, you look for that one solution that is best for the client. And you are able to explain in plain language why this is the best solution for them. And you are also a mentor to the other developers. As an experienced developer, you will use your firm knowledge to identify, document and implement solutions for our clients. As well as working on your own tasks and projects, you’ll work together with front-end developers and designers in an integrated team, picking up various projects in a sprint. Together we make the most special things. You will work in an amazing team that is ambitious and professional.
Yes, we are eager to find the most talented experts in the game. But we are also looking for a perfect Dept-fit. Someone who is eager to learn, inspires, strives towards a better world, takes the stage, is a futurist at heart, and someone who loves to get the best out of everything. By all means, we are looking for unique individuals who are able to strengthen our collective.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 3 years Python backend web dev experience
- Experience with Django
- Knowledge of Wagtail CMS is a plus
- API integration experience
- Knowledge of GIT
- Understanding of database design and administration
- Testing experience: Are focused on quality assurance
- A high level of professionalism, enthusiasm and are eager to learn with a drive to grow
- Experience with working for a digital agency
- Strong analytical skills
- A team player mindset, good communication skills and good command of English
- Show initiative
- Understanding of problems even when they are very complex
- The ability to think on your feet, challenging the norm and allowing you to give relevant and personalised solutions to customers based on your knowledge and experience when put on the spot
- An open culture
- Surrounded by the best digital and development minds in Ireland
- Opportunities for advancement and technical project ownership
- Develop yourself at one of the fastest growing digital agencies in Europe
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills even further
- Team building sessions, pre/post-covid away-days, charitable activities, and meals out
- Our annual company festival weekend in Amsterdam
- Beautiful office in Dublin
- Dept is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Dept, an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, a thousand of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier.
Dept is built on a diverse mix of personalities. Working together, testing ourselves, getting better every day. Working at Dept is about giving you the space to do what you're good at, and giving you the room to get ever better. Dept loves people that take responsibility, not orders. We nurture raw talent, support each other and coach you to be the best you can be.
But enough about us. Get in touch, send some samples of your best work and tell us about yourself!
An assessment may be part of the application procedure.